A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

B8 A4 reliability - help us provide the first info

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B8 A4 reliability - help us provide the first info

With the help of this forum and its admin (thanks, JET) TrueDelta has been providing the most up-to-date reliability information on the B6 and B7, and we should have an initial result for the B8 in May.

The more participants there are, the more precise these results will be. So if you own a B8, please consider signing up.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results for all cars, not just the B8, for free.<ul><li><a href="http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php">Audi reliability research</a></li></ul>
Old 05-21-2009, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Our initial result for the 2009 A4 has been posted. This result covers owner experiences through the end of March. A big thank you to this forum and its members for making a quick result possible.

With a repair frequency of 37 repairs per 100 cars per year, the new Audi A4 scores very close to the Honda Accord, and better than some key competitors. A very good result for an all-new model.

These cars are of course young, and it remains to be seen how they'll fare as they age. With prompt quarterly updates, we'll track them closely. The more participants we have, the better the information we can provide.

Audi A4 / S4 reliability comparisons

Last edited by mkaresh; 05-21-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We'll have an updated result this month. 109 2009s signed up so far. A great start. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Car reliability research
Old 08-12-2009, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't want to hijack the intent of the OP, but how do you guys/gals feel the reliability of the 2009 A4 (esp the 2.0T) is doing thus far?

CR has the 2006/08 4 cylinder A4 models with above average reliability, on par with that of Honda/Acura.

How do you feel about it? I've heard of some unhappy Audi customers (ie. check engine light, burning excess oil), but then they tend to be those of the earlier years. All answers appreciated!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Our results show that both the B7 and B8 are much more reliable than the B6. Click the link below to see results for the B6 and B7.

We've updated the results for the B8 A4 to include owner experiences through June 2009. The updated stat is 41 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average, but not far from "better than average."

JET, the forum, and everyone who has been helping--thanks, I certainly appreciate it. We'll have further updates in November and February. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Audi A4 reliability comparisons
Old 11-24-2009, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We've updated the results for the B8 A4 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2009. The updated stat is 55 repair trips per 100 cars per year, which is about average.

Perhaps in February and certainly in May we'll have two new stats for the 2009. "Nada-odds" will indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year while "Lemon-odds" will indicate those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop. These stats require at least nine months of responses for a car, so they cannot be available as quickly.

JET, the forum, and everyone who has been helping--thanks, I certainly appreciate it. We'll have further updates in February and May. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

131 2009s and 19 2010s signed up so far, an outstanding start. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Especially need more 2010s, for an initial result in February.

Car reliability research
Old 02-20-2010, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We've updated the results for the B8 A4 to include owner experiences through December 31, 2009.

With a repair frequency of 64 repairs per 100 cars per year, the 2009 A4 is about average.

The 2010s so far have 30 repairs per 100 cars per year, better than average.

A big thanks, once again, to JET, the forum, and everyone who has been helping--thanks, I certainly appreciate it. We'll have further updates in May and August. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm at 30K+ miles on my '09 A4 2.0T -- my problems? Tires! Well, actually, my problem is, Ohio's POTHOLES! Thousands -- no kidding -- of dollars worth of tires, towing, wheel alignments, etc -- ouch.

I have the 19" sport package -- 35 series tires are very unforgiving on our crappy frost heaved roads!

Other than that the car, itself, has been flawless.

Ooops, take that back, I did have the front suspension issue taken care of under warranty and also had all chrome trim replaced under warranty (same thing on my 2005 A6, damn 'merican car washes I suspect.)

OK, NOW, other than these really minor things, no electrical, mechanical or even functional problems, EVER, with this car. It just keeps on keepin' on, it gets better every day!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The front suspension is a very common problem area.

Just enhanced the related repair history survey so that it can (optionally) be used as a personal car maintenance record.

As always, more participants would be helpful. Updated Car Reliability Survey results in May, with a preview for participants in mid-April.

Car reliability research

Quick Reply: B8 A4 reliability - help us provide the first info