A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Blown Water Pump!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just caught up with this post and can say, reading from the beginning, I had the following reactions:

1. bummer man, water pump on new car, but this stuff happens.
2. yep, I'd be a little upset if I had to call AoA for service.
3. wow, you sound really pissed....replacement car dirty with flat tires, that sucks.....forum dumping on you, this is getting interesting!
4. great, got another pump, all things must pass....
5. cripes, scratches on the car, oh s__t, I'd be really pissed!!!
6. this is getting so bad, its almost hilarious! You can't make this stuff up!

Well, reading this made my evening and put a smile on my face. Maybe I'm getting old, but this stuff doesn't get me as upset as it did when I was younger. I think maybe it has something to do with having kids....life is a roller coaster man, just go for the ride!

by the way, my wife's volvo was in for service two weeks ago, and her ipod got swiped from inside the storage compartment while it was there. Dealer reacted surprised, can't believe it, got to apologetic, then willing to make things right, and now they want to buy her a new one.

my point is, it sounds like your dealer has accepted responsibility for the scratches. It's strange that it happened, but good that its not a fight for you. Maybe the dealer isn't such a knucklehead after all?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<-- Subscribing.

This is so much better than Edmund's Inside Whine A4 blog.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So this morning I was putting on my shirt and a button came off. I went to breakfast and the handle came off my coffee cup. I grabbed my briefcase to go to work and the handle came loose.

I don't know what to do. I am afraid to go to the bathroom!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This is an awesome thread but I have one question...the OP said that he can't charge his phone in the Toureg loaner...they don't come with cigarette lighter/chargers in those cars? WTF?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

i think the major **** off is really the loaner, i can only imagine, i would be pissed too given a luxury brand renting out dirty loaners. Hope you have everything sorted out man.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

im really sorry you got a dent i would be really **** about that , but the other stuff just let it go. i think you could have just taken the loaner back so they can clean it and im sure they can fix that tire at the dealer or just give you a new loaner.

but calling aoa?, every call they get reflects on the dealer ( they dont have the power to overnight a part, i just asked ), so the poor guy thats talking to you might get some crap from their boss for something hes got no control over, i have friend that works at the dealer in the service dept he tells me some stories.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default blown water pump

there,s a price for getting something new from a company who is providing products that are at the edge of technology, always innovating on the latest available materials and engineering, to avoid this issues is advisable to get old stuff which replacement parts are available just about anywhere and from different sources at different prices and can be repair at different places for different prices.
when you get the latest newest products you actually doing some testing for the factory, now they know that water pumps can fail early and will document this, if it happens more in a short period they will contact the supplier and address the issue accordingly, remember audi doesn,t make water pumps and amy other components
As a technician been trained by the industry,s most rigorous school(porsche)
and running one of the best audi independent shops in Ca and won numerous technician awards from audi don,t really see the problem here
However you have the answer to all your car problems, as you mention your friends are very happy with lexus and infinity so am sure you will too
but until then stop whinning about nothing
Old 01-28-2010, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

You guys who are laughing about this fella's car being scratched are out of line. I don't care how he came across as far as getting his part more quickly. Older and wiser vs. younger and more impacted by these kinds of things. Whatever. No one deserves that. Sorry your car got damaged dude. That sucks.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

The loaner won't upset me. If I see that kind of condition when I get in the car, I will immediately ask to switch to another loaner.

Water pump is very common autoparts, and I don't understand why it takes 2 week to locate this part, except B8 is having a lot of water pump failure. Which I suspect that is the case, because my 2 yr 10 mo old, 41000 mi A4 quattro just had coolant light on, Audi tech finds the coolant leaking from the water pump. TSB 2033491/5 replaced water pump with seals and coolant pipe from pump to hose for heater core... FOC under warranty.

By the way I got a nice Q5 9000 mi loaner ... it was fixed same day.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigdadi
The loaner won't upset me. If I see that kind of condition when I get in the car, I will immediately ask to switch to another loaner.

Water pump is very common autoparts, and I don't understand why it takes 2 week to locate this part, except B8 is having a lot of water pump failure. Which I suspect that is the case, because my 2 yr 10 mo old, 41000 mi A4 quattro just had coolant light on, Audi tech finds the coolant leaking from the water pump. TSB 2033491/5 replaced water pump with seals and coolant pipe from pump to hose for heater core... FOC under warranty.

By the way I got a nice Q5 9000 mi loaner ... it was fixed same day.

You're reviving a 5+ year old post. From when this car was just released in the US. Parts were rare then!