A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Color choices - Scuba or Moonlight Blue

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color choices - Scuba or Moonlight Blue

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2013 A4, 6 speed, Premium Plus, Sport package. The only option I really care about beyond that is the Advanced Key.

I'm agonizing over the color choices though. Scuba Blue looks great in pics but a little too electric in person. Moonlight Blue looks nice after allowing my eyes to adjust and tell my brain, yes, it's blue and not black.

Any thoughts / opinions on Moonlight or Scuba Blue, matched with Chestnut Brown? Or should I stick to black or grey and play it safe? I'm mostly concerned about not liking the color in 8-10 years. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmacdaddio
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2013 A4, 6 speed, Premium Plus, Sport package. The only option I really care about beyond that is the Advanced Key.

I'm agonizing over the color choices though. Scuba Blue looks great in pics but a little too electric in person. Moonlight Blue looks nice after allowing my eyes to adjust and tell my brain, yes, it's blue and not black.

Any thoughts / opinions on Moonlight or Scuba Blue, matched with Chestnut Brown? Or should I stick to black or grey and play it safe? I'm mostly concerned about not liking the color in 8-10 years. Thanks!
Legit concern and question. When I pretend to build one online, it always comes down to those two colors and it's hard to decide.
You listed it best... Scuba is loud, electric, and noticable. I'd say you will either love it more over time, or hate it more over time. It is not a conservative color, but it pops and makes a statement. Does that match your personality? Do you want to stand out on the road? Are you trying to make a statement?
Moonlight is far more conservative and classy. It will likely weather the test of time better, but you run the risk of being a little bored with it. It will blend in and lend a luxury angle, rather than a fun or sporty angle. Up to you. Ask yourself, where are you at your stage in life? What gets you going more? I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either, but you may like one more than the other.
The following users liked this post:
Husaberg (05-29-2021)
Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moonlight Blue.
The following users liked this post:
Husaberg (05-29-2021)
Old 03-07-2013, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Moonlight if you're concerned about resale in the future.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm leaning Midnight Blue. It seems to be a popular combo with Chestnut Brown interior. A local dealer has a Phantom Black with Chestnut Brown interior that's awful tempting. I'll have to see a few more combos in person - I may drive the sales staff nuts but if I'm dropping 40k+ I'm taking my time.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jmacdaddio
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm leaning Midnight Blue. It seems to be a popular combo with Chestnut Brown interior. A local dealer has a Phantom Black with Chestnut Brown interior that's awful tempting. I'll have to see a few more combos in person - I may drive the sales staff nuts but if I'm dropping 40k+ I'm taking my time.
Ti-Gray interior looks richer...but I'm prejudiced.

Last edited by a5sport; 03-08-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What the hell is that on that last picture ! A spoiler !? Makes a nice car look like a cheap American car !

Sorry, I am not this rude usually, but this was just too shocking !
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

JMO but while you may like blue the general public doesn't. In the US blue is not very popular. So, if you are going to keep the car many years then get what you want. If resale is in your mind know that they are many buyers that would never own a blue car in any shade.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I looked at a Moonlight Blue / Chestnut Brown combo. It was nice, but missing something. The brown looked like it might not age well - I would have preferred a richer, deeper brown while the Audi brown almost had a camel-brownish hue to it. Dealer will have to swap in the options configuration that I want.

I'm going for Monsoon Gray with black interior, walnut trim, sport package, Audi Advanced Key. Next choice is Brilliant Black with black interior, walnut trim, sport package, Advanced Key. Third is Phantom Black, black interior, walnut trim, sport package, Advanced Key, Bang and Olufsen stereo. I'm not an audiophile so I really would prefer not to spend the extra money. The wood trim interiors really grew on me, and as someone on another thread stated, as the owner you spend a lot more time inside the car than outside.

I appreciate all the opinions shared here. I'm looking forward to starting a new thread when getting the vehicle.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
What the hell is that on that last picture ! A spoiler !? Makes a nice car look like a cheap American car !

Sorry, I am not this rude usually, but this was just too shocking !
Well...yes...apparently you ARE rude. And ..."but this was just too shocking !" Really? Seriously? Sorry you're such a delicate creature. Someone really needs to get out a bit more.

It is an Audi OEM piece...it does not "Makes a nice car look like a cheap American car !", and if you saw it in person, it looks competely different than what appears in the photo.

The car has gotten numerous compliments from people who have actually seen it. So my best suggestion to you Sparky is to keep your opinions to yourself until you actually see the car. Just remember..."opinions are like a$$holes...everybody has one."

Quick Reply: Color choices - Scuba or Moonlight Blue