A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-12-2016, 09:23 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B8) Specifications & General Maintenace
Print Wikipost

Common B8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rhaung
Another problem I came across. Audi not selling A4 Avants in US. Only selling All Roads for 2013. How is that?!?
I did a quick check of the 2013 order guide, and you are correct-no avant is listed.

It is possible the thinking is the All Road is the replacement for the Avant. The allroad is a good replacement, However I am not sure the price point for the allroad will generate buyers. What do you guys think?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 70mph+ vibration

Greetings!

My 2012 A4 Avant seems to have a vibration above 70mph or so. The whole car shakes a little at those speeds. I brought it to the dealer and they rebalanced the tires. That didn't seem to do much. Has anyone else had this issue? The car has 1600 miles on it.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dht34
1. Had a fuel injector pump failure at ~24k miles. Was in the dealer for 4 days for repairs.
2. Oil consumption issues for the last 6 months. Went to the dealer 3wks ago for a replaced crank shaft seal and ECU update. So far oil consumption is holding.
3. Had the engine light go on 2 days ago, back to dealer it went this morning. A friend with a diagnostic tool, states that it was a boost pressure regulation issue.

I really enjoyed the A4 but these issues are really piling up. If it weren't for warranty, these repairs would have been expensive.

To quote myself on issue #3. The dealer called and says the turbo is shot and needs to be replaced. Since I am out of warrenty at 55k miles, Audi agrees to cover 80% of the fees and I cover the rest which roughly is ~$550 or so.

Also forgot to mention they replaced my water pump last month in which Audi covered 80% of the fees.

My lease is up in 3 months, thought about keeping the car but the repairs are piling up at the end. Thinking about resetting the check engine light myself and sitting the car at home until it end of the lease while I drive my SUV.

Other option is to grab a new car (A6) and trade in the A4 early, dealer picks up the last few payments and buy the car outright.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Loafer123
I did a quick check of the 2013 order guide, and you are correct-no avant is listed.

It is possible the thinking is the All Road is the replacement for the Avant. The allroad is a good replacement, However I am not sure the price point for the allroad will generate buyers. What do you guys think?
Interesting. Is the Allroad at a higher price point? I guess I should research this model.

I am curious about what this will do to used Avant prices. Your thoughts?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CoffeeMonster
Interesting. Is the Allroad at a higher price point? I guess I should research this model.
Before bought my 2012 Avant test drove the 2013 Allroad at the dealer (they had a few there for one day). The MSRP was about $3k higher, and given the fact that they expected no discounts for a while (and that the car was not even available and may just be becoming available now) I decided to save a pile of money and go with the 2012.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TheRebbie
Before bought my 2012 Avant test drove the 2013 Allroad at the dealer (they had a few there for one day). The MSRP was about $3k higher, and given the fact that they expected no discounts for a while (and that the car was not even available and may just be becoming available now) I decided to save a pile of money and go with the 2012.
Thanks for the info. I'm curious to drive one.

I get the impression that Avant buyers are a niche crowd. Maybe the Allroad won't hurt resale as much as I fear...we shall see. I've really enjoyed driving mine.

Congrats on the shiny new ride!!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dht34
To quote myself on issue #3. The dealer called and says the turbo is shot and needs to be replaced. Since I am out of warrenty at 55k miles, Audi agrees to cover 80% of the fees and I cover the rest which roughly is ~$550 or so.

Also forgot to mention they replaced my water pump last month in which Audi covered 80% of the fees.

My lease is up in 3 months, thought about keeping the car but the repairs are piling up at the end. Thinking about resetting the check engine light myself and sitting the car at home until it end of the lease while I drive my SUV.

Other option is to grab a new car (A6) and trade in the A4 early, dealer picks up the last few payments and buy the car outright.
Well that stinks!

The silver lining is that you can wipe your hands of it in a few months if you want to.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Avant Vibration

Originally Posted by TheRebbie
Greetings!

My 2012 A4 Avant seems to have a vibration above 70mph or so. The whole car shakes a little at those speeds. I brought it to the dealer and they rebalanced the tires. That didn't seem to do much. Has anyone else had this issue? The car has 1600 miles on it.
I just purchased a 2012 Avant with 38K on it and has the same issue. Not sure how old your post is... Had the dealer balance...tires a new. Issue remains the same. have you found a solution?
Old 10-02-2015, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an '08 CPO A4 which was in the shop 8 times in 3 months, so I traded it in for an '09 CPO A4 which I kept for 18 months. In that time, it ran as it should have for about 1 month. Warranty covered all repairs, but there is a limit to one's patience. I traded in the '09 A4 for a Buick Regal Turbo and have been a very happy owner ever since.
I work part-time as a driver at a large Audi dealership and I enjoy driving all of the models, but am very thankful that I do not have to maintain them. It is absolutely crazy!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Common Repair Issues With The Audi A4

The A4 is great car but as with any vehicle, repair problems show up from time to time. From our research, here are the most commonly reported problems we saw and their associated costs:

Quick Reply: Common B8 problems