A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

:: ECS Tuning :: B8 A4 TYC Euro Xenon Headlight Sets

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: B8 A4 TYC Euro Xenon Headlight Sets

In North America, factory Audi Xenon headlights have amber corner markers and a more narrow beam pattern. E-code, or European specification Audi headlights contain a small circle on the lens with the letter "E" inside, accompanied by a number.

Not only are the E-codes more crisp and aesthetically pleasing, they produce a more brilliant beam that is noticeably wider.

New Specs?

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits:
Audi B8 A4 (2009-2012) *Pre-facelift models only*

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
Old 09-24-2014, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you think the TYC units compare with the Automotive Lighting branded units that you also carry?
Old 09-24-2014, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
How do you think the TYC units compare with the Automotive Lighting branded units that you also carry?
If I'm not mistaken I believe Automotive Lighting is the OEM supplier for Audi for this particular vehicle/headlight.

By going direct with them you avoid the Audi "brand" tax which allows a less expensive cost there for a less expensive retail.

Jason
Old 09-25-2014, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, but how do the TYC units compare to the OEM/AL units? Are there significant differences in quality, beam pattern, warranty, etc.?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
OK, but how do the TYC units compare to the OEM/AL units? Are there significant differences in quality, beam pattern, warranty, etc.?
Beam pattern is wider than OEM as stated in the original post. See the picture below of the side by side comparison. (Left headlight is OEM, right headlight is TYC E-code).

I would say quality meets or exceeds that of OEM. As far as warranty goes, most products we carry offer a 1 year limited warranty against defects.

Jason
Old 10-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had one TYC headlamp before, for my personal experience...it just ok
i would say you got what you paid for
Old 10-01-2014, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

To run these in place of my halogen headlights would I just need to run a HID conversion?
Old 10-02-2014, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by Laker Steve
To run these in place of my halogen headlights would I just need to run a HID conversion?
Correct. There also may be some coding involved to program the HID's though I'm not 100% positive.

Jason
Old 10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ECS,

Just purchased a pair if these headlights to replace my halogen headlights for my 2011 A4 and had a question regarding the HID conversion necessary for these to run properly. Do I need to run a HID kit for just my low beams or do I need to run a HID kit for both high and low?
Old 10-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by Laker Steve
ECS,

Just purchased a pair if these headlights to replace my halogen headlights for my 2011 A4 and had a question regarding the HID conversion necessary for these to run properly. Do I need to run a HID kit for just my low beams or do I need to run a HID kit for both high and low?
These have a single projector for your high beams and low beams. As far as whats involved for a conversion I'm not 100% as I don't have any experience performing a conversion from halogen to HID.

I would assume you would need OEM D3S bulbs and ballasts. There may even be come coding involved. I'd search this on the forums for more information though.

Jason

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: B8 A4 TYC Euro Xenon Headlight Sets