A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Fuel Economy

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by roger_1
It comes from Shell's website, at the link I included in my post.

Shell V-PowerŽ FAQs - Canada

Shell Bronze is their 87 octane. This is what Shell says about it's cleaning ability compared the their V-Power 91 octane:

"Shell V-Power gasoline is our best gasoline containing the highest concentration of Shell Nitrogen Enriched cleaning system, designed to clean up faster than Shell Bronze gasoline and deliver optimum performance."
Yep , saw it and no problem. I go by the saying "trust but verify" so if it meets the certification requirements then it's good for me. I wouldn't think a company would embellish their product , would they ? I consider Top Tier Gasoline listings a part of the certification but don't know if it includes Canadian fuels. Enjoy the ride
PS i find that the most subjective and emotional topics on automotive web sites are Tires , Oil , Gas and MPG. Everyone seems to think theirs is the right choice. In most instances for the typical driver it doesn't matter.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Yep , saw it and no problem. I go by the saying "trust but verify" so if it meets the certification requirements then it's good for me. I wouldn't think a company would embellish their product , would they ? I consider Top Tier Gasoline listings a part of the certification but don't know if it includes Canadian fuels. Enjoy the ride
PS i find that the most subjective and emotional topics on automotive web sites are Tires , Oil , Gas and MPG. Everyone seems to think theirs is the right choice. In most instances for the typical driver it doesn't matter.
Here is a link to US and Canadian Top Tier fuel retailers. In Canada, Shell, Esso, and Petrocan are generally readily available.

Top Tier Gasoline

I agree entirely with you about the subjective and emotional nature of discussions about oil, tires, gas etc.