A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Rosstech Issue with Upgrading.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rosstech Issue with Upgrading.

I have been fighting with Rosstech to upgrade to the newer cable as we bought the wrong cable years back and really need to be able to upgrade. I placed the order, but I got rejected and have emailed their teams but have not heard a peep back. Did they go out of business or something? I got a quick response when I tried to place my upgrade order. They are asking for things that we do not have any more, all we have is our order number. I guess if anything a heads up to anyone else who shells out a good chunk of change to these scam artists?

ref: 241576,4/23/2014 12:11:01 PM

Dear Andrew Rome:

Thank you for the upgrade order you have placed with Ross-Tech. We would like to fill your order as quickly as possible but we are unable to match your order information to an existing registered user in our customer records. Since hardware upgrades are only available to registered VCDS/VAG-COM Diagnostic System users, we will not be able to process your order until we are able to match you with an existing entry in our records.

Please send us the full name and address under which you originally purchased your system. Additional information which might be helpful in this process would be the Ross-Tech invoice number from your original order, any Registration Certificate Number your may have received with your system if purchased from one of our distributors, any serial number shown on the label of your existing interface, and any email addresses you have used in prior correspondence with us.

If you originally purchased your system through one of our distributors, and have not yet registered, please fill out our online registration form:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vca/hex-com-reg.html

We will keep your order on file for 15 days while we await further information from you. After 15 days with no response, the order will be canceled.

Regards,

Helen O'Neill
Order Fulfillment

Ross-Tech, LLC
881 Sumneytown Pike
Lansdale, PA 19446

phone: +1-267-638-2300 [Option 4]
email: Orders@Ross-Tech.com

Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Seems to me they are reasonable in their request to determine if you have a registered cable as an original purchaser. If it wasn't registered after you bought it or was purchased under a different name and you can't supply any of the requested paperwork, serial number or other info they are willing to look up to help you, how can they know if you are the original owner of a legitimate cable? I have found Ross-Tech to be an excellent company to deal with as have many others. At the same time, they can't just provide an upgrade to anyone who can't provide any of the requested info. Your public forum post characterizing them as "scam artists" is inaccurate and uncalled for.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me get this straight...

1. You bought the wrong cable, YEARS AGO, and are just discovering this now.

2. When you bought the original cable from an authorized dealer, it came with instructions, which clearly state that you need to register you unit - which it seems you didn't do.

3. I'm not sure how any part of Ross-Tech's response classifies them as 'scam artists'. They make a product, which requires registration. The fact that you didn't do this, and have now lost all your purchase records, does not make them wrong, or at fault.

I would submit that the next step, would be to phone Ross-Tech, at the number they provided, and explain your situation. The reason I say this, is because I had a similar situation, a couple years back, and when I called them, they were most helpful.

Despite your current opinion, Ross-Tech is a legitimate company, with a good product. Try working with them, before you go online and trash them.

Last edited by JimmyDee; 06-12-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry if I was not straight enough for you...

1. Well at that time it not working on only 1 of our 4 VW-Audi's was not a problem but when you have needs to reset service intervals and can do nothing about it but go to the dealer and pay them to do it it gives a sour taste in the mouth when you were recommended into buying the wrong product.

2. We've furnished the sales receipt for the purchase, then emailed this to them and got no response. I understand them wanting to be sure we are legit, but we purchased this from them and we never signed any agreement knowingly that we had to do anything. I think the least they could have done is respond to my email to say no or we see no record of this sale? How can they not have a record of the sale if there is supposed to be some registered serial number?

3. If their product needs to be registered then their software should enforce this prior to use to make people aware. Are you telling me that when you bought your computer, car, or anything you purchase that you read every last line that was written? If you do, then you are the slim percentile that actually reads what is written in its entirety.

I was not asking for you to review what I did wrong, the purpose was to warn people to be careful to not loose an investment like this, to hopefully wake up their people to answer my emails, and be a squeaky wheel. I am not asking for much other than to do business with them, they are going to make money from us... hence my posting somewhere else besides an unmonitored email account that they sent me an email from. Thank you for chiming in as the more chime I get hopefully will get them to respond sooner.

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
Let me get this straight...

1. You bought the wrong cable, YEARS AGO, and are just discovering this now.

2. When you bought the original cable from an authorized dealer, it came with instructions, which clearly state that you need to register you unit - which it seems you didn't do.

3. I'm not sure how any part of Ross-Tech's response classifies them as 'scam artists'. They make a product, which requires registration. The fact that you didn't do this, and have now lost all your purchase records, does not make them wrong, or at fault.

I would submit that the next step, would be to phone Ross-Tech, at the number they provided, and explain your situation. The reason I say this, is because I had a similar situation, a couple years back, and when I called them, they were most helpful.

Despite your current opinion, Ross-Tech is a legitimate company, with a good product. Try working with them, before you go online and trash them.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

PS - I know they are legit... but emails should not go unanswered. I have been doing technical support for 10+ years and never ignore emails as that is terrible customer service.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Rome
1. Well at that time it not working on only 1 of our 4 VW-Audi's was not a problem but when you have needs to reset service intervals and can do nothing about it but go to the dealer and pay them to do it it gives a sour taste in the mouth when you were recommended into buying the wrong product.
The Ross-Tech unit works on all VW / Audi cars. I'm not arguing that it can be frustrating, when you buy something and it doesn't work the way you expect it to... but it seems like you should have dealt with this a few years ago, when you first bought the cable (according to your original post).

2. We've furnished the sales receipt for the purchase, then emailed this to them and got no response. I understand them wanting to be sure we are legit, but we purchased this from them and we never signed any agreement knowingly that we had to do anything. I think the least they could have done is respond to my email to say no or we see no record of this sale? How can they not have a record of the sale if there is supposed to be some registered serial number?
Not sure I'm following you here... you state that you never got a reply from them, yet in your first post, you attach the response that you did get from them.

3. If their product needs to be registered then their software should enforce this prior to use to make people aware. Are you telling me that when you bought your computer, car, or anything you purchase that you read every last line that was written? If you do, then you are the slim percentile that actually reads what is written in its entirety.
When you run the software for the first time, YOU DO NEED TO REGISTER the cable. It doesn't matter if you didn't read the instructions in their entirety - you simply cannot use the cable / software, without registering it.

I was not asking for you to review what I did wrong, the purpose was to warn people to be careful to not loose an investment like this, to hopefully wake up their people to answer my emails, and be a squeaky wheel. I am not asking for much other than to do business with them, they are going to make money from us... hence my posting somewhere else besides an unmonitored email account that they sent me an email from. Thank you for chiming in as the more chime I get hopefully will get them to respond sooner.
I'm not in a position to determine whether you (or Ross-Tech) has done something wrong. The issue becomes, when you go online and call a company; 'scam artists'... If you want to be a squeaky wheel, then pick up the phone, and call Ross-Tech.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

This thread has zero merit and therefore, is now closed.