A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

PR Codes and MMI 2G Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To clarify also my version info went from this....

to this.....

Old 05-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is hot. I'm properly optimistic about that.

I'm definitely going to give them a call tomorrow. I'll mention that I was referred by a guy with a 3.2L A4 on the forum (PM me some identifying details if you want me to be more obvious), maybe you'll get a discount on a service with them or something.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah one thing I know you gain with the upgraded software is that you can use USB HDD/Keys & iPod MMI plugs in the glovebox if you have that and have full control of them.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Called the guys at Prestige yesterday and had a chat to them.

I forgot to ask how much just a plain firmware upgrade was.

Radio module converted to NZ =$300+gst
Bluetooth Handsfree + A2DP streaming = $800+gst, Kufatec unit
Navigation converted to NZ = $500+gst

So could be done and dusted for just under $2k... Definitely going to do the radio and BT, not 100% about the nav because if I'm getting the Bluetooth setup then I'll just end up using a phone cradle anyway...

So yeah, seems reasonable.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Booked for tomorrow. Just going to do the radio and bluetooth module for the moment.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have noticed I can't access the settings for Drive Select since the update to 5570 and although enabled in the Hidden Menu it doesn't show under Car, Setup.
I need to take my car in next week to get the AV input installed to use this - New support iphone Airplay mirror& Andorid miracast, support ios8 /iphone6 universal for any car audio with AV IN/ mirabox-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
And will get them to re-enable it in the menu as it might need VAG-Com to do so. The hardware buttons for Drive Select still work just not the ability to customise individual.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's not hugely surprising. When I got back to the car it no longer had the reversing camera working. I think they don't do as much of a careful job as they should with the recoding after changing the modules. I wouldn't have thought the drive select would have been affected, but there you go. It's a reasonably simple change to add, although it definitely requires VAG-COM to do.

I've been noticing that since having these changes done, the audio cuts out for maybe 1/4 of a second every now and again. It does it on bluetooth as well as regular radio. Need to try the mp3 playback and see if that's the same. There's also a high pitched whine for a few seconds when first turning the car on.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the bluetooth audio.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi - Just got a jap import 2008 A4 3.2. Same issues with Radio etc. I am going to order a k box tuner from ebay and do that myself. The AMI port does not seem to work. I bought a tune2air Bluetooth adaptor and it does not even power up when plugged in to the port. I see above here some references to enabling AMI functionality with firmware updates. The big question is - do I need an update to get the AMI port working?
Old 12-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikeg78
Hi - Just got a jap import 2008 A4 3.2. Same issues with Radio etc. I am going to order a k box tuner from ebay and do that myself. The AMI port does not seem to work. I bought a tune2air Bluetooth adaptor and it does not even power up when plugged in to the port. I see above here some references to enabling AMI functionality with firmware updates. The big question is - do I need an update to get the AMI port working?
Hi Mikeg,

I think the 2008 is the model before mine (mine was a b8), so I'm not really all that certain how similar the issues are.

I started out with the AMI port not working, but all I had was an AMI-to-USB cable to test it with. I took the car in to Giltrap in Auckland and was told that they would update all the firmware at the same time as doing a gearbox service. When it came back, the AMI port still didn't work with that cable and the firmware version hadn't changed.

There are apparently Ipod USB cables and regular USB cables. I tried ordering an AMI-to-Regular-USB cable and an AMI-to-3.5mm cable from ebay from a US seller but never received it. Pretty sure I got scammed.

So yeah, not a whole lot of help there, I'm afraid. My understanding is similar to yours, though. With new enough firmware, the AMI port should be able to do USB, 3.5mm, the lot. I never did get mine working, and I've found the help for Japanese import vehicles online to be utterly non-existent.

In the end, I just used the Bluetooth through the Kufatec adapter for the remainder of the year until I sold the car.