A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Information request.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information request.

I have VW Jetta diesel and will likely have the vehicle bought back by VW due to this emissions mess they're in. With the settlement, I'm going to buy a 2013-2015 Audi A4. I was wondering if anyone here could help me with the following questions:

1. The erWin information. Their prices for the info are ridiculous. I was able to download the factory manuals for my Jetta through another subscription based company for quite a bit less. Is there someone besides erWin that has this information? I do have the Ross Tech software and it worked well on the VW and I'm assuming it will also on the Audi.

2. Is the oil consumption problem with the 2.0 liter turbocharged Audi engine truly fixed past the 2012 model year?

3. I've seen references here to problems with the intake manifold on these same engines. Could someone explain to me exactly what the problem is with these intake manifolds and if there is a TSB that covers it?

Thanks very much for any time and help.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Information request.

Okay. This forum appears to me to have a good amount of knowledgeable people concerning Audis. What it it? My breath? These are not arcane, difficult questions.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by 56pan

1. The erWin information. Their prices for the info are ridiculous. I was able to download the factory manuals for my Jetta through another subscription based company for quite a bit less. Is there someone besides erWin that has this information? I do have the Ross Tech software and it worked well on the VW and I'm assuming it will also on the Audi.

Don't know about this.

2. Is the oil consumption problem with the 2.0 liter turbocharged Audi engine truly fixed past the 2012 model year?

That's a myth, but the consumption issues have been improved quite a bit.

3. I've seen references here to problems with the intake manifold on these same engines. Could someone explain to me exactly what the problem is with these intake manifolds and if there is a TSB that covers it?

Intake manifold problems??

Personally, I think the 2.0T is good engine. Good power, efficient with the 8spd transmission. My '11 A4 still consumes oil even with the Stage 1 fix but it's not enough to create alarm. I'd estimate that our '15 Q5 consumes 1 qt of oil over a 10k mile interval.

Welcome aboard, 56 !
Old 06-24-2016, 05:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Information request.

Thanks for the time and information Uberwgn. From what I've been able to learn about it, the 2.0 liter engine has very few reliability issues.