A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Just bought my first Audi

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my first Audi

My wife and I bought our first Audi about a week ago. I just stumbled across this forum while searching for headlight upgrades. Figured I'd register and say hello!

So, as you probably already know by my previous statement, although I love our new A4 - I am quickly realizing that we are missing out on some cool features and that we have one of the more base type models - without the extra stuff like nav etc.

We traded in a 2007 Chevy Silverado with about 80k miles on it for our 2011 A4 2.0T FWD with 24k miles on it. The car is in immaculate condition inside and out and was purchased at an Audi dealer as a certified pre-owned. I know it's not a quattro, but when I test drove it and threw it into sport mode, we mutually agreed that we had to have each other (myself and the car). I love the car and it's our first step into having a German engineered vehicle.

We financed less than the car is currently worth (by a few grand) and am getting back over a grand cash back on the trade. Hoping that I can do a few upgrades to the car, drive it around for a year or two, and then trade it in on a newer, better equipped Audi.

Anyways, I'm new to owning an Audi - and wanted to say hello.

I have always driven cheap Honda's and Chevy's until now.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Damn. I sure wish I had done a little research before buying this A4.

Turns out '09-'11 A4s have a pretty well known problem with oil consumption / pressure. To the point that it should be a recall on these vehicles to replace bad piston rings.

Sure enough, a couple days after purchasing this car, I noticed a very substantial build up of carbon around the tailpipe and bumper to the point that my new white bumper, now has a nice grayish / black tint to it.

Aside from this problem, we have had the car up at the dealer being worked on for various other issues like a cracked fog lamp, over filled power steering (to the point it leaked out everywhere leaving the pump bone dry and my driver side fender caked in a nice black film, the alignment was out of spec and now the car failed the oil consumption test and will likely need new piston rings.

We've "owned" the car for 10 days and it's spent the last 4 days at the dealer being worked on.

This is how Audi delivered this Certified Pre-Owned vehicle to us.

So disappointed right now.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Have faith I'm sure your dealer will take care of you.

When I bought my certified A4 it to had the oil consumption blah blah, dealer fixed no charge and every other thing that had an issue.

With that said hopefully your dealer is good and your Audi will treat you good, there great cars.