A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Latest I can order a 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest I can order a 2015?

Hi Everyone - longtime member here, though I don't post very often. I currently have a 2013 MB c300. Very nice car, no complaints except for the transmission. I come from a long line of manual transmission vehicles and mistakenly thought I could do without. After being in my lease for about year, I realized my mistake. I long for a manual again....also I really think this MB 7 speed is just not that good.

Anyway, I have 9 months left on my lease...and at this point I am thinking of jumping back into an Audi and getting a 6MT A4. I'm wondering how long Audi custom orders typically take so that I can time delivery close to turning in my MB. Also, any ideas when would be the latest I'd be able to order a 2015? slightly concerned that the 2016 may not have a 6MT option....
Old 01-29-2015, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TTravez
Hi Everyone - longtime member here, though I don't post very often. I currently have a 2013 MB c300. Very nice car, no complaints except for the transmission. I come from a long line of manual transmission vehicles and mistakenly thought I could do without. After being in my lease for about year, I realized my mistake. I long for a manual again....also I really think this MB 7 speed is just not that good.

Anyway, I have 9 months left on my lease...and at this point I am thinking of jumping back into an Audi and getting a 6MT A4. I'm wondering how long Audi custom orders typically take so that I can time delivery close to turning in my MB. Also, any ideas when would be the latest I'd be able to order a 2015? slightly concerned that the 2016 may not have a 6MT option....
I just placed a factory order for a 6-spd as they are pretty rare. A factory order will typically take 3 months from the time the dealer places the order. The process may be speeded up if the dealer has an allocation and or they find a build spot already in the que that they can modify. Also be sure to let your SA know you want to be included in the "owner in waiting program." It's not as up to date and informative as BMW's but it's a start.

What are you planning for your order?
Old 01-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by E92MPower
I just placed a factory order for a 6-spd as they are pretty rare. A factory order will typically take 3 months from the time the dealer places the order. The process may be speeded up if the dealer has an allocation and or they find a build spot already in the que that they can modify. Also be sure to let your SA know you want to be included in the "owner in waiting program." It's not as up to date and informative as BMW's but it's a start.

What are you planning for your order?
thanks for the reply! I wonder when ordering a 2015 will no longer be an option? (due to production of 2016).

I plan to order a Premium+ 6MT, Sport Package, Sport + Package, & B&O. Leaning toward white.

What are the specs for your build?
Old 01-29-2015, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I plan to order a Premium+ 6MT, Sport Package, Sport + Package, & B&O. Leaning toward white.
Assuming you have to wait past the cutoff you may not be out of luck. I picked up my glacier white MT in December but had been keeping an eye on inventory some months before that. The handful of MTs in my region (NW) typically would sit in inventory for quite a while. Even watched one switch dealers after ~3 months and its still in stock at the dealership it went to today. Granted you may not be able to get the exact model you want but you'd likely be able to negotiate the price down as well particularly if 2016s are on the way.

Does make me curious if MT buyers are more likely to order vs buy from inventory hence the stale inventory on lots. I was going to order but one came in way I wanted and was able to get a great deal so pulled the trigger a few months early - no regrets.

-Chaz
Old 01-29-2015, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the reply! I wonder when ordering a 2015 will no longer be an option? (due to production of 2016).

What are the specs for your build?
My guess is that the B9 doesn't make it to production this year. My reasoning is is based on my experience with BMW, when I factory ordered one of the last E92 M3's. Production ended in June of 2013 and the new F82 M4 didn't become available until around March/April of 2014. So that was 9-10 months before the new models became available. But, pre-production vehicles were making the rounds in January. I saw them in person at the Rolex 24 in late January and knew I made the right decision going with the previous generation! I love the N/A V8! Factory ordered cars didn't hit dealer lots until late June or so.

So with Audi not having the streamlined production process like BMW, as it takes on average BMW 6-8 weeks to deliver a car and Audi seems to be at 8-12 weeks. Plus factor in the time to retool and train the staff and that adds even more time to the change.

You would think the new B9 design would have made a more solid appearance by now if Audi intended for it to launch this year. All we've seen are photos of artists renditions and a disappointing test mule. I'm thinking Audi continues taking orders of the B8 until July or August with customers receiving factory orders in October, November. The factory switches production to the B9 in November, December and the B9 becomes available in say second quarter of 2016? The change doesn't seem that drastic between the B8 and the B9 with the biggest changes being the frame design and the technology available so it certainly could be sooner.

P.S. I'm new to Audi so I could be completely off.

Lol... Your build plan sounds similar to mine. I ordered a 2015 Glacier White, Black Interior w/Aluminum Trim, Premium Plus, 6mt, Sport and Sport Plus, Technology and B&O. Excited since this will be my first White car and first expereince with the brand.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ccA4SEA
Assuming you have to wait past the cutoff you may not be out of luck. I picked up my glacier white MT in December but had been keeping an eye on inventory some months before that. The handful of MTs in my region (NW) typically would sit in inventory for quite a while. Even watched one switch dealers after ~3 months and its still in stock at the dealership it went to today. Granted you may not be able to get the exact model you want but you'd likely be able to negotiate the price down as well particularly if 2016s are on the way.

Does make me curious if MT buyers are more likely to order vs buy from inventory hence the stale inventory on lots. I was going to order but one came in way I wanted and was able to get a great deal so pulled the trigger a few months early - no regrets.

-Chaz
Post up some photos of your ride to help with my wait.

True! If the OP can wait, I'm sure he'll get a great deal on a car already on the lot. Yes, MT buyers are a very small percentage of A4 buyers according to my SA. Factor in options like the sports packages, etc; and the car becomes even more rare. Most A4's in the dealers inventory are Premium Plus, Auto with the Tech Package.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by E92MPower
Post up some photos of your ride to help with my wait.
Been too busy driving to take photos! I'll try and get some up soon.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would like to see some pictures as well!

So when typically is the 2nd best time for Audi incentives?