A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

A little help please?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help please?

Update: Problem solved. no hose's get connected to those openings. Thanks anyway guys!

I hope you're all enjoying the long weekend.

Brief back story... I had a CEL code of P2015 - Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1- and brought the car (2010 A4) to a local indy that works exclusively on VAG cars to get it solved. they said they fixed it by replacing the small motor that moves the flaps inside the Intake Manifold. After driving less then 10 miles, the light came back on with the same code. Brought it in again and they said that a plug had come undone and once seated correctly, all codes were gone. After picking up the car, i didn't make it 100 yard before the CEL came back on. bringing is back a 3rd time they feel that it might be a bad sensor.

After having them look at it, they needed to order the part so I took the car back rather then leave it in their parking lot. After driving it about 10 miles i noticed something just didnt seem right and let the car idle in my office parking lot and the engine started to really hesitate and I stated getting codes for Misfires in all the cylinders. After opening the hood it was very clear there is a vacuum leak and found two areas that I think are missing hoses. Can you guys tell me if there should be hoses attached to these locations??

Please let me know if there is any other info you need and I will happy to send it over. if anyone has a good diagram of the 2.0 TFSI Engine, that would be helpful as well.

Thank you again for your help

Last edited by Cbouts; 05-24-2015 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Solved!!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

took it to shop, getting whole IM replaced Also while the Manifold is off, they are cleaning the carbon build up.

This is after 68K miles. Personally this engine design is not very good (not that I could make a better one) if we get that much build up after 60K miles IMO.

All told... $1500 for parts/labor.

anyone looking to own these cars better have $$ set aside for when things don't work. I'm pretty good with working on cars but removing the IM is over my head especially because this is my daily driver.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A little help please??

Hey I saw the problem you had with the 2010 audi a4 mine its also a 6 speed manual and im having the exact same problem as you can you plis tell me know how you fixed it ?