A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Love my 2009 B8 But....

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love my 2009 B8 But....

I received my 2009 a4 in white and factory black tints in which i absolutely love . But for two days straight upon entering the vehicle before i start the car the tachometer , shakes/rattles roughly between 100-300 rpm for about 2 seconds and then goes away. The tach driving works perfect and everything i just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this. Furthermore the check engine light came on but after a restart it went off. Came back on and then went away with a restart.

Just some house keeping notes, The 09-010 B8 Rocks ! 21Mpg (not like I'm really counting I'm a data freak) with launches of the line very frequently . The a4 is definitely a chassis positive car it is well planted and doesn't jumble around during turns even when hitting rough potholes of inncercity highways. In the future there may be an apr 1 edu flash
Old 03-29-2015, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Modelx1365
I received my 2009 a4 in white and factory black tints in which i absolutely love . But for two days straight upon entering the vehicle before i start the car the tachometer , shakes/rattles roughly between 100-300 rpm for about 2 seconds and then goes away. The tach driving works perfect and everything i just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this. Furthermore the check engine light came on but after a restart it went off. Came back on and then went away with a restart.

Just some house keeping notes, The 09-010 B8 Rocks ! 21Mpg (not like I'm really counting I'm a data freak) with launches of the line very frequently . The a4 is definitely a chassis positive car it is well planted and doesn't jumble around during turns even when hitting rough potholes of inncercity highways. In the future there may be an apr 1 edu flash
Welcome to the form. My kid has an 09 and has had no issues other then the oil consumption of a quart every 2700 miles. As for the tach issue we have not seen this problem and in fact the car has never been in to a dealer for any problems. We change the oil every 5000 miles. If you just got the car I would take it back and tell the dealer of the 2 issues. I would be more concerned over the MIL (chk engine) then the tach even though they may be the same problem. Have someone read the OBDII and see if you have a code. Good luck and keep an eye on the oil.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Welcome to the form. My kid has an 09 and has had no issues other then the oil consumption of a quart every 2700 miles. As for the tach issue we have not seen this problem and in fact the car has never been in to a dealer for any problems. We change the oil every 5000 miles. If you just got the car I would take it back and tell the dealer of the 2 issues. I would be more concerned over the MIL (chk engine) then the tach even though they may be the same problem. Have someone read the OBDII and see if you have a code. Good luck and keep an eye on the oil.
Hey thanks you for welcoming me to the forum, I went back to the dealer and they said they will fix everything free of charge, He said it will more than likely take 2 days to fix and he will give me documentation to say what was replaced. Needless to say it seems like i won't be doing anything do my A4 at all, It only needs oil changes, brakes and water pump at what ever mileage interval, spark plugs have another 35,000 miles to go. As a first car it seems like everything is working our splendidly