A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Need some guidance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some guidance.

Long time lurker, new poster here...seeking some guidance. I'm finally pulling the trigger and purchasing an A4. I decided on going with a 2013 model, either the Premium or Premium Plus. Problem is, I'm not entirely sure what to go with.
Are there any major difference between the two (for the 2013 models)? I know performance is identical, and from what I can tell they differ in terms of the headlights (not sure if the Premium has the LED strip or not), MMI Nav, and tires.
I typically use my phone for Nav, no preference for tires, and I'm still not entirely sure what the difference is, in terms of the headlights (was planning on tossing in an HID kit if they aren't HID).

Here are the two cars that I've narrowed it down to, both are about $16-$17k OTD.

1) 2013 Premium Plus: 57k miles, clean title.
2) 2013 Premium: 88k miles, clean title, quattro + all-season tires.

I should mention that I'm moving to D.C. Not sure what the snow is like down there, but I'd like to be prepared. As I safe in assuming that the standard FWD A4 will do just fine in the snow? Assuming I toss on some all-season tires?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MrSam
Long time lurker, new poster here...seeking some guidance. I'm finally pulling the trigger and purchasing an A4. I decided on going with a 2013 model, either the Premium or Premium Plus. Problem is, I'm not entirely sure what to go with.
Are there any major difference between the two (for the 2013 models)? I know performance is identical, and from what I can tell they differ in terms of the headlights (not sure if the Premium has the LED strip or not), MMI Nav, and tires.
I typically use my phone for Nav, no preference for tires, and I'm still not entirely sure what the difference is, in terms of the headlights (was planning on tossing in an HID kit if they aren't HID).

Here are the two cars that I've narrowed it down to, both are about $16-$17k OTD.

1) 2013 Premium Plus: 57k miles, clean title.
2) 2013 Premium: 88k miles, clean title, quattro + all-season tires.

I should mention that I'm moving to D.C. Not sure what the snow is like down there, but I'd like to be prepared. As I safe in assuming that the standard FWD A4 will do just fine in the snow? Assuming I toss on some all-season tires?
Forgot to mention that the first car comes with new Sumitomo HTR tires.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without looking or knowing more about each car, I would go with the 57,000 mile model. Get a car fax on each one. You can always go out and buy new tires.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Firefighter
Without looking or knowing more about each car, I would go with the 57,000 mile model. Get a car fax on each one. You can always go out and buy new tires.
Thank you. Unfortunately, both cars were sold.

I'm not looking at two others. Both have around 61k miles, clean title, little to no damage. One's a 2011 A5, Premium Plus Quattro. The other, a 2013 A4, Premium. Leaning towards the former, primarily because of the AWD. I'm having the car shipped to D.C., so the AWD would be nice to have...although, I'm sure the FWD would handle just fine with all-season tires.