A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New 2015 A4 S-Line Competition package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2015 A4 S-Line Competition package?

I see in the past week or so Audiusa has added a $1250 S-Line competition package to the online configurator. It has no details as to whats included though several dealers with cars coming with it list the following:

S Line Competition Package ($1,250)
Alcantara Leather Seating Surfaces
S Line Sport Seats
Aluminum Shift ****
Black Diffuser Surround & Mirror Housings
Brilliant Black Door Sill Blades
Piano Black Inlays

Though I like the idea of the Alcantara seating surface I find it odd that if anything this package likely costs Audi next to nothing to put on the car. The inlays are likely just black plastic vs aluminum that comes standard (cheaper), the Alcantara material should cost about the same or less then leather, shift **** maybe a few bucks more, diffuser is already on the car just black vs body matched. Sport seats I assume are the same as sport package seats already on the car just with the Alcanatara and possibly embossed with 'S-Line'.

Am I missing something here that really makes this worth the $1250?
Old 11-23-2014, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm posting to hear the actual answer, because if they didn't lower the car and beef up the suspension I think you're right.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SamLV
I'm posting to hear the actual answer, because if they didn't lower the car and beef up the suspension I think you're right.
On the configurator both the sports and sport plus packages have to be included to get the competition package. The standard sport already includes lowered suspension. The new package appears to be all 'look and feel' changes vs 'handling and performance' changes - I could be wrong.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ah, now that's cool, but then again why snip a few extra $ then for some trim?

In those configurators I tend to reach a 'what the heck' moment when the numbers are so big I may as well add it all. If you get the car, absolutely post photos!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can check out the changes here...

New 2015 Audi A4 Atlanta | New Audi Dealer - WAUHFAFL6FN018679

It does seem Audi is Nickel and Diming customers with superficial updates.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

There are some 2014's out there configured this way, in fact, I'm picking a gently used one up tomorrow.

When I get a peek at the original window sticker I'll post what the package was. It's not listed as having the competition package, only Sport Package, Black Optic package, and S-Line interior.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just picked mine up yesterday. Loved the look and color combo.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Grambo
Just picked mine up yesterday. Loved the look and color combo.

Great looking car and congratulations! That doesn't look like it has the "competition package" as it should have the black mirror housings. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Wow...you're right. The sales guy told me several times it was the competition package and I didn't notice it didn't have the mirrors! It has some of the other features the competitin package has but not the black mirror housing. Emailing the dealer now!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Grambo
Wow...you're right. The sales guy told me several times it was the competition package and I didn't notice it didn't have the mirrors! It has some of the other features the competitin package has but not the black mirror housing. Emailing the dealer now!
If I've learned anything from my experience buying an Audi it's that the majority of their sales people are clueless.

Post up more photos of the ride!

I like the body colored mirrors better. The black mirrors look outdated to me. Just make sure the dealer didn't charge you for a package you don't have.

Quick Reply: New 2015 A4 S-Line Competition package?