A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New Dynavin N6 Navigation units for 2008-2014+ A4 (B8)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dynavin N6 Navigation units for 2008-2014+ A4 (B8)

Hey everybody.

I've been following the various Dynavin install and review threads and just wanted to discuss what I heard and experienced recently. Since our B8 A4's have the upper 6.5" display which completely differs from the older models, I was looking for the Dynavin DVN-A5-WIN(D99+) which is for those cars like mine who didn't come with the factory Navi.

This D99+ unit replaces our upper display with a unit that contains Igo Navi and a lot of other features that frankly are duplicated on our Concert/Symphony boxes just above the A/C controls.

While purchasing and waiting for my unit (which will be a whole other bad experience story once I sort it all out), I was told I might want to wait because Dynavin was coming out with the new N6 unit for our 2008-2014+B8 models. On all the other N6 models, they REPLACE the actual radio/Navi unit because there is no separate display for these older models. It didn't seem likely, but I put myself on a 'waiting list' and started inquiring around if this was really true or not. I finally talked to J.T. at J&T Distributing - OEM Look Stereo Navigation Systems BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW, Porsche from Dynavin, Avin, Parrot who has helped many people on this and other sites work through their installations (you guys probably know him). He hasn't heard anything yet on this supposed new N6 unit.

Now that I explained all that, my question is, does anybody else know anything about this upcoming release (supposed to be in a month or so)?
Old 09-24-2014, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a reply from the Customer service rep at Dynavin. The reply stated the N6, which will be called DVN-A5 N6 for B8 models with the display screen in the upper dash, will be out in around a month. It will only replace the display, which will contain the Navi, etc.

Something I found interesting is that one of the official distributors had the item for sale on their site and on Ebay (under a different name). I ordered one from their site and they cancelled my order saying it wasn't for sale and they didn't know when or if it would be. I call BS. Why would they have a complete write up and page on the unit then? I think they just brought the page live early.

Anyway, I'm waiting for an answer from the distributor. The other distributor (there are only 2 in California), hasn't even heard of it if he is to be believed. He is a contributor to this site, so maybe he'll chime in..