A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

OIL CONSUMPTION leads to DISCRIMINATION... Listen to AUDIO!!!

Old 12-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OIL CONSUMPTION leads to DISCRIMINATION... Listen to AUDIO!!!

hey guys! 1st posts in b8 forum... I was posting in b6 like an idiot... ben reading you guys for a while now...

here is my saga... I just emailed 22 corporate big wigs. You can read first 5 or 6 paragraphs and listen to both phone calls and get the whole story... but if you have a lot of time I listed all my complaints in a letter I sent them below.

DISCRIMINATION COMPLAINT against Prestige Imports Audi (North Miami, FL)

To Whom It May Concern:

I apologize in advance if this email has reached you in error, but I wanted Audi’s corporate staff to listen to the following phone calls I recorded with 2 different Audi authorized dealers. I would like an explanation on why I have been discriminated against by Prestige Imports authorized Audi dealer in North Miami, Florida.

I also want to file a poor workmanship complaint on Prestige Imports Audi service department. My car was inspected on December 17th 2014, and the alternator, spark plugs, and car battery were not tested. I also want to know how my car could break down while driving on the highway on December 17th just hours after an inspection; due to a failed alternator with no previous warnings, or sensors indicating a problem with alternator and car battery.

Please listen to the explanation by Prestige Imports service manager Grant Johnson. Please also pay attention to the way I am treated by him and the receptionist. http://www.2015media.com/2014/audi_p...mi_dec20th.mp3

I also want to file a discrimination complaint because of the following phone call. Please pay attention to the difference in treatment by the receptionist and service rep at Audi Coral Springs. This is the type of service that I am accustomed to being the former owner of a Mercedes Benz C class. This is the treatment that I expected from ALL authorized Audi dealers. Please also note that this service agent agrees that the alternator is tested during a courtesy inspection and according to Audi's inspection checklist. He also states Audi cars are built to last, and an alternator doesn’t just fail without sufficient warnings.

http://www.2015media.com/2014/audi_coral_springs.mp3

I purchased my car from Palermo Motors (Hollywood, FL) and the owner said this is the first time ANY of his Audi’s ever had a failed alternator and he sells 1 – 2 Audi’s a week.

I feel that I am being discriminated against either because I purchased a used Audi from an independent dealer, or because I asked too many questions regarding my eligibility to the oil consumption class action settlement, or because of my race, or age.

I have been trying to file several complaints that my car did not have any mechanical problems per an inspection done to the car on December 9th 2014 by my independent Audi mechanic. As a result of this inspection my mechanic advised that I change the coolant chamber and water pump, which I did.

The following complaints are real and are not fabricated! If something is wrong with my car I need this to be on record because my car has my life and safety at stake.

Here are all my unresolved complaints that I have filed since December 16th:

Complaint #1:

On December 16th 2014 (10:00 am) I left my car with Prestige Imports Audi service department for an oil change, a full inspection, and an oil consumption test. I had a few questions and concerns in regards to an oil consumption problem that my model A4 has, and a class action settlement involving Audi/ Volkswagen of America. Ever since that day (December 16th, 2014) when I asked those questions I have been discriminated against, ignored, and treated unfairly by Prestige Imports service department staff and the service manager Grant Johnson.

Initially I was told I would be charged $165 for an inspection and $115 for an oil change. I was lead to believe that as a result of my complaints I was not charged for the inspection and I only paid $115 for the oil change on December 17th.

Class action Settlement:
Audi and Volkswagen Excessive Oil Consumption Class Action Settlement | Class Actions Settlement

Audi, Volkswagen Agree to Settlement, Including $2.3M in Attorney Fees

Complaint #2:

I read that Audi had settled the class action case and that I was eligible to have a free oil consumption test. However, on December 17th Audi gave me an estimate that showed $4,604.10 in suggested repairs which included 3 oil leaks that have to be resolved before moving forward with the oil consumption test. Somehow Audi service tested everything down to my windshield wipers but say they did not test my alternator, battery, or spark plugs. I left the dealer to get a second opinion and to go to work and just 2 – 3 hours later my car broke down due to a failed alternator. I received no warning lights, no sensor warnings, no dead battery, no low battery lights, no previous failure to start, and the car died while I was driving on Interstate 95 highway.

The only errors I saw during this 3 minute time frame while the car was stalling on the highway was ABS malfunction error, EPS error, and the Park break light was flashing on and off once the car came to a complete stop.

I had my car towed back to Prestige Imports service department.

Action plan on December 17th: http://2015media.com/2014/action_plan%28Day1%29.pdf

Tow Truck invoice: http://2015media.com/2014/Tow_truck_ Dec_17_2014_INVS 008815 08351.pdf

Complaint #3
Please also note on December 17th immediately after leaving the dealer my car was shaking when I stopped at red lights, and it has never done that before according to the previous owner who happens to be co- owner/ founder of Palermo Motors; the dealer I purchased the car from.

Complaint #4
Due to the oil consumption defect the car has a very visible black smoke that you can see coming from the exhaust while accelerating. Many Audi mechanics have told me that black smoke is good for my engine especially while the manufacture defect is not resolved; I was told a portion of the oil from the engine is discharged out of the exhaust which contributes to the consumption problem. After leaving the dealer I did not see any black smoke in my rear-view mirror after accelerating.

Complaint #5
I also received a gear box error on the dashboard after shifting my car into Neutral while stopped at a red light. The car was shaking so much at red lights that I had to put it in neutral while stopped for more than 1 minute. Again I never experienced this problem until I left the Audi service department.

Complaint #6
When the car lost power I was able to get off the Brickell Avenue exit but I was stuck in the middle of the turning lane for 40 minutes while I waited for the tow truck. I couldn’t even get out the car due to traffic and I was nearly hit by 3 different cars. The situation was so bad that a car did hit the tow truck and I have 2 tow truck drivers as witnesses to that.

The car was jump started but would not even drive when I put it in drive. It wouldn't move at all. The engine just reved up but it did nothing.

Complaint #7
On December 18th, 2014 Prestige Imports gave me an estimate for $5,486.87 including $1,175.02 in repairs for a failed alternator and failed spark plugs. This time not even 24 hours later the alternator and spark plugs are on the inspection report.
Action plan on December 18th: http://2015media.com/2014/action_plan%28Day2%29.pdf

Complaint #8
Please listen to phone call with service director Grant Johnson and the way I was treated. He also told me my car was not eligible for a class action service adjustment because I am not in the State of California, and my car has over 80,000 miles.

http://2015media.com/2014/grant_john...phone_call.mp3

Class Action Settlement Document:
http://2015media.com/2014/AlivVolkswagen.pdf

Complaint #9

Diana Giraldo told me the "before pictures" in the additional information section of the "Action Plan" was pictures of my car. I remember her saying to me over the phone on December 17th "we took pictures of all the parts of your car and you can see it in the report I emailed you".

Action plan on December 18th : http://2015media.com/2014/action_plan%28Day2%29.pdf

Complaint #10
On December 16th 2014 I had a meeting with Audi service department for an oil consumption problem that the manufacture has settled on in a class action case where I would be eligible for a free oil consumption test and possibly a service adjustment. The only problems my car had was it required 1 quart of oil every 400 miles and the passenger door sensor did not work.

I had a 10am appointment with Diana Giraldo. I arrived at 9:59am and was told to wait by the receptionist. After 30 minutes of waiting I had to go look for Diana even though I walked pass every rep and customer service agent in the office.... not once did someone ask me if I was being helped. I then found Diana and she had no idea who I was or why I was waiting, as I immediately pointed out the receptionist that greeted me who had the same blank expression on her face.

I was treated unfairly by Diana Giraldo and Audi receptionist staff. I was denied a loaner vehicle and I now realize that my information was never entered in the Audi national customer (owners) database. I have an audio recording of Audi corporate saying I am not in the system and asking me for my Vin #. I also have recorded phone calls of Prestige Imports receptionist transferring my complaints to voicemail and constantly being uninformed, rude, and unprofessional.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not going to beat around the bush, or sugar-coat this.

Your alternator failed. At some point, all alternators wear out and fail.

There is no reason to believe that Prestige Imports are in any way responsible for the failure of your alternator, nor are they responsible to supply and install a new alternator at their cost.

Your car is, apparently, well outside its warranty. The reality is, cars and their parts will wear out. It's not a lot of fun to have to pay repair bills, but they are a simple fact of car ownership.

Maybe eventually they will offer you some sort of break on the repair bill. If they do, that will be simply as a goodwill gesture, and because your ongoing complaints take up a lot of time and energy. It won't be because they are legally obliged to do so.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but, in the long run, you're better off knowing where you stand.

I hope you enjoy the holiday season.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by roger_1
I'm not going to beat around the bush, or sugar-coat this.

Your alternator failed. At some point, all alternators wear out and fail.

There is no reason to believe that Prestige Imports are in any way responsible for the failure of your alternator, nor are they responsible to supply and install a new alternator at their cost.

Your car is, apparently, well outside its warranty. The reality is, cars and their parts will wear out. It's not a lot of fun to have to pay repair bills, but they are a simple fact of car ownership.

Maybe eventually they will offer you some sort of break on the repair bill. If they do, that will be simply as a goodwill gesture, and because your ongoing complaints take up a lot of time and energy. It won't be because they are legally obliged to do so.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but, in the long run, you're better off knowing where you stand.

I hope you enjoy the holiday season.
You state your opinion as if it is a fact... or as if you are some grand arbitrator... I resspect it but reality is the only way I could of known if alternator failed or not was to have had it tested before they checked the amount of windshield fluid the car had.

Also I never heard of an alternator just failing within minutes without previous warning. Either way my sensors malfunctioned or alternator malfunctioned , an Audi inspection or Audi computer on my car should have alerted me so I didn't end up stranded on the highway.

I'm just trying to shed light on this because obviously no one should ever by a used Audi with over 100,000 miles. Regardless of if they are built to last it is just not worth all this aggrevation and lost of time .

I went from oil consumption problem to time consumption , Audi is not worth all of this. No car is.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

What year/model is your car, how many miles were on it when you bought it, did you buy it from an Audi dealer, and how much did you pay for it?
Old 12-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What year/model is your car, how many miles were on it when you bought it, did you buy it from an Audi dealer, and how much did you pay for it?
Chill out bro. Either listen to the calls, read through all that drama, or just chill out. My point is an alternator should have been tested during my inspection. That's my point... because there is a possibility that my alternator was tampered with at the dealer and not tested on purpose.

On 1 call I have an authorized service dealer that says ALTERNATOR and BATTERY are tested in courtesy inspection. And I have Prestige Imports that says it is not.

On 1 call I have an authorized service dealer that says alternator would give sufficient warnings before a failure. I have another that says the car would not.

and then I have you.................. Roger......... lol
Old 12-21-2014, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Merry Christmas, bro.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Merry Christmas, bro.
Thanks you too!!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

What you should have done is file a consumer protection complaint with your state's attorney general. Just filing out that form forces companies to legally respond. It has some teeth, actually.

And one thing they'll ask for is your records of what you've done to resolve the problem. Which you have.

So you might think about using the law, and the system which has the power to get their attention, before posting that much detail on the Internet.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SamLV
What you should have done is file a consumer protection complaint with your state's attorney general. Just filing out that form forces companies to legally respond. It has some teeth, actually.

And one thing they'll ask for is your records of what you've done to resolve the problem. Which you have.

So you might think about using the law, and the system which has the power to get their attention, before posting that much detail on the Internet.
Thanks a lot! I figure I post everything to try and get the best advise . but I know I violated the internet character limit
Old 12-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Actually that's usually how alternators fail - they just up and stop working one day. In my experience, they never slowly die, unless the failure is in the bearings. If the failure is the normal - IE: brushes wear out, the death is sudden. Same for starters.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OIL CONSUMPTION leads to DISCRIMINATION... Listen to AUDIO!!!