A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Remembering Media Random/Mix Setting

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remembering Media Random/Mix Setting

Hi everyone,
I always listen to my music set in the Random/Mix setting. Yet, whenever I turn the car off and turn it back on later, the Mix setting is ignored. I have to manually set it again.

Is there a way for me to have that be set and remembered ( automatically) for me?

Thanks,
Kirupa
Old 03-23-2010, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

thats weird... mine remembers.

i only use it for the SD card, but as long as i dont take the card out and put it back in it remembers.

if i take it out, it doesnt remember though.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kirupa
...whenever I turn the car off and turn it back on later, the Mix setting is ignored...
What "radio" option do you have?
What source do you use (Built-in CD, Memory Card, External I/F)?
What about Mute and Volume, does it forget that too?

These memories seem to depend which combination of Standard/Nav/B&O you have.

See:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...51&postcount=7
and
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2778004
Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was actually going to ask the same question today - I picked up my 2010 A4 this past weekend and it's killing me that MMI doesn't remember that I had mix/shuffle turned on. I have the problem whether source is iPod, Jukebox, or a DVD of MP3s. Once I turn the car off it no longer remembers I had shuffle/mix turned on. I'd love to have a fix for this...
Old 03-24-2010, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DingusMcGee
I was actually going to ask the same question today - I picked up my 2010 A4 this past weekend and it's killing me that MMI doesn't remember that I had mix/shuffle turned on. I have the problem whether source is iPod, Jukebox, or a DVD of MP3s. Once I turn the car off it no longer remembers I had shuffle/mix turned on. I'd love to have a fix for this...
We all would... At least its not as bad as the original firmware on my 06. If you put it in shuffle and then hit next or previous it would take it out of shuffle mode. HAHAHA. They did fix that one on an upgrade.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

On my 2009 w/Nav it comes and goes. Usually it remembers but occasionally it forgets. I can't seem to pin down when it goes back to non-mix but it might have something to do with the length of time the car has been off.

Also, as has been previously reported, if you are in the mix mode and select a different song in the MMI, it will come out of mix mode. If you just advance to the next song using the song "advance" button, it stays in mix mode. Go figure.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I can't seem to pin down when it goes back to non-mix but it might have something to do with the length of time the car has been off.
It does appear to be time based - when I got to work this morning it was on Mix, when I ran out to grab lunch 4.5 hours later it was not in mix. I put it back in Mix mode, and after a 5 minute stop to grab a slice of pizza it was still in mix when I started the car back up.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DingusMcGee
It does appear to be time based - when I got to work this morning it was on Mix, when I ran out to grab lunch 4.5 hours later it was not in mix. I put it back in Mix mode, and after a 5 minute stop to grab a slice of pizza it was still in mix when I started the car back up.
Based on my observation the MMI "shuts down" after about 20 mins. This means you don't have to wait for it to restart when you hop out of the car to grab milk.

It loses the MIX setting when it "shuts down".
Old 03-24-2010, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Based on my observation the MMI "shuts down" after about 20 mins. This means you don't have to wait for it to restart when you hop out of the car to grab milk.

It loses the MIX setting when it "shuts down".
This is not universal in all configurations. Mine doesn't lose mix mode at all, no matter how long the car has been sitting. I use a USB flash drive connected to the AMI. This might be different for iPod use.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Hobbes
This is not universal in all configurations. Mine doesn't lose mix mode at all, no matter how long the car has been sitting. I use a USB flash drive connected to the AMI. This might be different for iPod use.
yeah mine keeps the mode as long as i dont remove and change the contents of the SD card.

I have never tried it on the AMI though.

Quick Reply: Remembering Media Random/Mix Setting