A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Shaking and EPC/CEL

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaking and EPC/CEL

Took my '14 A4 into the dealer this morning for the 25k service. Took a little more than an hour. Drove to work without a problem. About half way home the car all of a sudden started shaking when I pressed the gas. The CEL started flashing and then the EPC light came on. I noticed that down shifting to bring the revs up helped a little bit. After a few minutes problem got worse and I noticed an exhaust smell in the cabin. I was able to pull into a parking lot, turned off the car and called the service department. They wanted me to drive it to them which was another 15 miles during evening commute. I told them I was concerned about damaging the car and he said it will be fine but "don't drive it like you stole it." I nervously tried to start the car but no luck. Called Audi Roadside and a tow truck arrived about an hour later. By the time we got there the service department was closed. I am hoping it is an easy fix and it doesn't become an on going issue. i will report back after I hear what the dealer has to say.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my car back today. Turned out to be a failed fuel injector. I find it odd that it failed after only 25k miles and the same day the dealer performed maintenance. When I got in the car it did not start on the first try. The second try worked but it wasn't smooth. I let it idle for a few minutes and everything seemed fine. When I pulled away the rear brakes felt like they were locked and suddenly gave way. On the drive home there were two weird slips in the revs. Since then every was fine until the check engine light came on this evening. I wonder if it will still be on tomorrow morning. If it is I will be back to the dealer for the 3rd day in a row.