A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Side skirt and spoiler thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side skirt and spoiler thoughts...

Been looking for a good side skirt and rear spoiler combo for my B8 A4. Don't really want to go for a full on body kit for 2 reasons.. 1.) think the factory look is pretty good as is 2.) expensive. Any thoughts on what side skirt would integrate well and look good with the factory non-s front and rear?. Really like the Caractere side, but am afraid it might look out of place without the rest of the kit. Been thinking S-line side skirt with ABT 3-piece rear spoiler. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Sideskirts

I am thinking about using the audi accessory side skirts part number 8K0071685. Has anybody installed these if so any pictures?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

IMHO, only the S-line stone guards look good w/out matching fronts and rears. I remember seeing pics of the Audi accessory side skirts w/out the fronts and rears to match, and it just looked awkward because the side skirted section looked much lower than the rest of the car. This tends to be the case w/ side skirts from kits that aren't so subtle.

You don't need an S-line front fascia and S-line rear bumper/valance to make the S-line stone guards look like they belong IMHO; they look great on non S-lines. Here's mine:

Name:  IMG_3216.jpg
Views: 7975
Size:  131.2 KB

More pics/info: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ht=stone+guard
Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi OEM Side Skirts

Originally Posted by Robotech
Been looking for a good side skirt and rear spoiler combo for my B8 A4. Don't really want to go for a full on body kit for 2 reasons.. 1.) think the factory look is pretty good as is 2.) expensive. Any thoughts on what side skirt would integrate well and look good with the factory non-s front and rear?. Really like the Caractere side, but am afraid it might look out of place without the rest of the kit. Been thinking S-line side skirt with ABT 3-piece rear spoiler. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I have an B8 S-Line but I have the other OEM side skirts installed, looks a little bit better in my opinion. Here are some pics.
Attached Images    
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

ECS HAS THIS FOR 239.00 AND FREE SHIPPING!

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B8_A4-...rts/ES1892340/
Old 08-15-2011, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I did the sideblade, similar to ItsDubc; purchased from ECS. Very happy with them over non s-line.

Vaporize: nice ride! Looks great and I'm sure the stasis mods are quite enjoyable.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vaporize
I have an B8 S-Line but I have the other OEM side skirts installed, looks a little bit better in my opinion. Here are some pics.
That is a good side skirt, unlike the Audi S-line blade, stone guard or whatever crap it's called. If a side skirt looks like an add-on, that's a Toyota/Mazda look in my book.

The S-line side skirt and the gray plastic around the instrument cluster are the only things I think suck in the A4 design.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If a side skirt looks like an add-on, that's a Toyota/Mazda look in my book.
Here are my Toyota/Mazda sideskirts / stoneguards.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 3418
Size:  157.4 KB
Old 08-15-2011, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of doing the sideblades from ecs as well... how much was it to paint them?

Originally Posted by a4-bob
I did the sideblade, similar to ItsDubc; purchased from ECS. Very happy with them over non s-line.

Vaporize: nice ride! Looks great and I'm sure the stasis mods are quite enjoyable.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

These don't follow the lines of the front and rear bumper.
I prefer the OEM sline gaurds.

Quick Reply: Side skirt and spoiler thoughts...