A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Sports Package Vs. S Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports Package Vs. S Line

1. what are the big differences between the Sports package and S Line package besides badging, body kit and aluminum finish?

2. Is it possible to have titanium package and the S-Line package? i like the body kit on the S Line more but i also like the blacked out look on the titanium package. according the audiusa.com titanium package can only be added with sports package but just checking to see if maybe an SA could make some magic happen.

this is regarding the A4 Avant if that makes a difference or not
Old 10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I'ma Lazzzzer
1. what are the big differences between the Sports package and S Line package besides badging, body kit and aluminum finish?
Well the interior bits too for SLine: three spoke steering wheel, SLine sills and all black interior/Aluminum door inlays.

2. Is it possible to have titanium package and the S-Line package? i like the body kit on the S Line more but i also like the blacked out look on the titanium package. according the audiusa.com titanium package can only be added with sports package but just checking to see if maybe an SA could make some magic happen.

this is regarding the A4 Avant if that makes a difference or not
It's one or the other.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
Well the interior bits too for SLine: three spoke steering wheel, SLine sills and all black interior/Aluminum door inlays.
Doesn't the regular sports pack come with a 3-spoke wheel as well?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Sport package comes with 19" wheels/tires; sport seats, sport suspension and a three spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters. Sport can come in three interior colors, SLine only black (although the seat stitching on the SLine is sure purty.)

Sport package I refer to above assumes Prestige version, Sline requires Prestige too.

Sport package, as I recall, can be had with 18" wheels on P+.

I have the Prestige 2.0T, Tip with Sport and ADS -- Cardamom interior.

I came from a long line of A6's -- the Prestige A4 (mine's an '09) didn't seem like a step down from my similarly equipped A6. The Premium and P+ renditions seem, to me, less lux.

On the other hand, I was loaned a 2011 P+ while my car was in for its final oil change (lease will be up) yesterday. And, the 8speed tip sure makes a big diff in the performance over my 6speed tip version. And even in P+ trim the 2011 seemed very lux. No sport pack however, so the seats sucked, but other than that it was super nice.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
No sport pack however, so the seats sucked, but other than that it was super nice.
How about handling? I know there is also the 18" versus 19" factor in there, but is the difference night and day or very subtle? How about ride?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

My A4 has the Prestige and Sport Package. Just like you guys said, 19" wheels, different steering wheel, 20mm lower suspension, and tighter steering. Here's the interior, hope that helps.

Name:  audiint2.jpg
Views: 9430
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  audiint.jpg
Views: 20536
Size:  48.0 KB
Old 10-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i see most of you who responded went with the sport package, any reason you didnt go for the s-line instead? same question for those who went with s-line instead of sport package. i really wouldnt mind the 18'' wheels. i would eventually leave the OEM wheels for winter time and eventually get some aftermarket wheels, maybe some BBS wheels, when i get bored or tired of the look
Old 10-13-2010, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i see most of you who responded went with the sport package, any reason you didnt go for the s-line instead? same question for those who went with s-line instead of sport package. i really wouldnt mind the 18'' wheels. i would eventually leave the OEM wheels for winter time and eventually get some aftermarket wheels, maybe some BBS wheels, when i get bored or tired of the look
I'm getting the 18" sport package with a Premium Plus - the S-line package is not available on p+ in the US. To get S-line would mean to pay another $5000 to get to the prestige level and add S-line. This config seems quite overpriced to me at $45k MSRP. If I was looking to spend 45k-50k I would look at the outgoing BMW 5 series which looks better to me compared to the new one and can possibly be had at a decent discount at year's end.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Price. The MSRP on my P+ with Sport Package, Tiptronic, navigation and B&O was around $44,400; if I had gotten Prestige and the S-Line package, it would have been a little over $2,000 more. I care little about memory seats and push button start, so I did not want to spend more for the Prestige Package. I also liked the option of getting something other than a black interior.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by av_audi
How about handling? I know there is also the 18" versus 19" factor in there, but is the difference night and day or very subtle? How about ride?
I tested as sports package and standard back to back. The difference is significant. I suggest finding a sports package to test before buying. No one complains about the ride in mine with 18' wheels. Much better tires.

If I bought the 17" wheels and tires I would change out the tires day one. I would store them for end of lease turn in or sell them. No P6s for me!

It does feel lower. More like a sports car.

I suppose the 19" is less resilient. More susceptible to pothole flats. Not great for winter tires. Nice look for warm climes.

Quick Reply: Sports Package Vs. S Line