A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Thinking about biting the bullet. Good Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about biting the bullet. Good Deal?

Hello All,

Long time follower of this forum. I have been on the hunt for a used A4 Prestige (white with black optic) and I stumbled on this beauty.

Audi Exclusive A4 Prestige Quattro AWD.
Offered in Glacier White Metallic exterior with Classic Red interior accented by Piano Black trim.

Features include advanced key keyless access with push button start, leather sport seating, dual power front seats with driver's seat memory, heated front seats, Audi exclusive interior, dual zone climate control, navigation system with rear view camera, Bang & Olufsen premium audio, iPod adapter, Audi connect, Audi drive select sport suspension, sport steering wheel with paddle shifters, power sunroof, Bluetooth, Homelink garage door opener, adaptive Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights, fog lights, Audi side assist, S line exterior trim, 19 inch 5 arm alloy wheels, and more. Just fully serviced and Audi Certified giving you an additional 2 year/50,000 mile warranty once your factory warranty expires.

I have been going back and forth with the dealer and they ended up with $41,831 (fair price on KBB was around this as well). I am now looking to factor in a trade in too (around $2k). Thoughts?
Old 05-07-2015, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Also, I've read about the maintenance issues with this car (burning oil, brakes, etc). Are these isolated cases or just prevalent for the whole line? Just wanted to know what I should be on the lookout for. Even though this has the extended warranty, I assume there are certain items that just wont be covered.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DirtMcgirt74
Also, I've read about the maintenance issues with this car (burning oil, brakes, etc). Are these isolated cases or just prevalent for the whole line? Just wanted to know what I should be on the lookout for. Even though this has the extended warranty, I assume there are certain items that just wont be covered.
Have an identical looking '15 Prem+ from the exterior. How much of the original warranty is left?

Oil burn is more prevalent in early builds with the 2.0T engine also in the Q5 not just A4 problem mainly the '09-'10 model years extending later by some reports. Starting in 2013 the engine was revised to accommodate flex fuel (only on automatic quattros), who knows if they changed anything else to address any potentially lingering oil problems. I would think you are probably fine, don't recall brakes being a major issue that or its overshadowed by oil issues.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Have you thought about waiting for the brand new 2016 Audi A4 to hit shores early next year?
Old 05-08-2015, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I leaning more towards used. With this car the original factory warranty is 4 years/50,000 miles. One year has been used up with the warranty so including the new warranty that comes with the CPO it would be 5 years/100,000 mile warranty.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What model year? How many miles on it?
Old 05-08-2015, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by icemancometh
What model year? How many miles on it?
Oops, I thought I copy/pasted that. 2014 Audi Exclusive A4 Prestige Quattro AWD, 12K mi.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DirtMcgirt74
Hello All,

Long time follower of this forum. I have been on the hunt for a used A4 Prestige (white with black optic) and I stumbled on this beauty.

Audi Exclusive A4 Prestige Quattro AWD.
Offered in Glacier White Metallic exterior with Classic Red interior accented by Piano Black trim.

Features include advanced key keyless access with push button start, leather sport seating, dual power front seats with driver's seat memory, heated front seats, Audi exclusive interior, dual zone climate control, navigation system with rear view camera, Bang & Olufsen premium audio, iPod adapter, Audi connect, Audi drive select sport suspension, sport steering wheel with paddle shifters, power sunroof, Bluetooth, Homelink garage door opener, adaptive Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights, fog lights, Audi side assist, S line exterior trim, 19 inch 5 arm alloy wheels, and more. Just fully serviced and Audi Certified giving you an additional 2 year/50,000 mile warranty once your factory warranty expires.

I have been going back and forth with the dealer and they ended up with $41,831 (fair price on KBB was around this as well). I am now looking to factor in a trade in too (around $2k). Thoughts?
Is $41,831 out the door? I have a similar factory order that I received last month. It's a great car so far!
Old 05-11-2015, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by E92MPower
Is $41,831 out the door? I have a similar factory order that I received last month. It's a great car so far!
That's what they discounted the price down to. If you don't me asking, how much was your factory order?
Old 05-15-2015, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

What is the MSRP if new? Then you might want to gauge the "value".
High Content car with lots of amenities which usually depreciate faster.
Best values are in the Premium Plus area.
But, thats a great looking car and I love the red leather!!!! Your not paying new price and the warranty seems better than new. I guess your good to 50k miles!! No wait to order.
Waiting for new model? Might be a while and first year build is sometimes problematic. You'll also pay a premium for being the first on the block to have one! You might not even love the new design. I don't mind buying end of cylcle cars because usually the build quality is great and the bugs are worked out. I had a 2010 Avant that was burning oil bad by 60k. As mentioned, its been worked out. Audi has faired well in initial quality with the A4 doing very well for the reasons I stated.

Your getting a rare combo of packages. Red is very rare. Sometimes you pay for what you want.

Quick Reply: Thinking about biting the bullet. Good Deal?