A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

VAG-specific diagnostics app - it works!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VAG-specific diagnostics app - it works!

Ok, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but we've made a pretty awesome app that can do all the Audi-specific diagnostics (code reading and resetting) that a dealer would do and in addition to that, you can change your car's settings (adaptations). No other app can do that. Yeah, we're pretty proud of this

Supported ECUs: well... all of them! Engine, ABS, airbag, navigation, central electronics, parking assist, etc...
Price: $19.99 for VAG-specific diagnostics and customizations. FREE for standard OBD2 diagnostics. Compare that to spending hundreds of dollars at a dealer or for computer software and expensive cables.

Check out the Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ce%3Daudiworld
(iOS version coming soon)

All you need is a standard (cheap) Bluetooth OBD adapter that a lot of you already have. See examples here: Hardware | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization

P.S. We're currently working on adding "coding" capabilities (we only supported "adaptations" until now). PM me if you're interested in being a beta-tester (free of charge, of course).

Last edited by Carista; 08-03-2014 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Has anybody tried this?

Sounds like a good app, if it works properly. I wonder if you can clear codes with it? And I'm uncertain about the customization feature. Do you have to pay extra for each additional feature?
Old 08-08-2014, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Ok, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but we've made a pretty awesome app that can do all the Audi-specific diagnostics (code reading and resetting) that a dealer would do and in addition to that, you can change your car's settings (adaptations). No other app can do that. Yeah, we're pretty proud of this

Supported ECUs: well... all of them! Engine, ABS, airbag, navigation, central electronics, parking assist, etc...
Price: $19.99 for VAG-specific diagnostics and customizations. FREE for standard OBD2 diagnostics. Compare that to spending hundreds of dollars at a dealer or for computer software and expensive cables.

Check out the Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ce%3Daudiworld
(iOS version coming soon)

All you need is a standard (cheap) Bluetooth OBD adapter that a lot of you already have. See examples here: Hardware | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization

P.S. We're currently working on adding "coding" capabilities (we only supported "adaptations" until now). PM me if you're interested in being a beta-tester (free of charge, of course).
Can you reset the electronic park brake so you can replace the rear pads. If so it may be worth the $20 to get it.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:13 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by A4Driver
Sounds like a good app, if it works properly. I wonder if you can clear codes with it? And I'm uncertain about the customization feature. Do you have to pay extra for each additional feature?
Yes, you can definitely clear codes with it. And no, you don't have to pay extra for each feature. You buy the Pro Package once ($19.99) and you get unlimited use of all features in the app.

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Can you reset the electronic park brake so you can replace the rear pads. If so it may be worth the $20 to get it.
Not yet. We have plans to implement this in a future version, but we don't have it yet.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Yes, you can definitely clear codes with it. And no, you don't have to pay extra for each feature. You buy the Pro Package once ($19.99) and you get unlimited use of all features in the app.

Not yet. We have plans to implement this in a future version, but we don't have it yet.
OK I'll be waiting for it.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:43 AM
Former Vendor

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that we have a Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal on the Carista OBD2 adapter - get 25% off today through Monday! https://goo.gl/Y0CklK