A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

When delivery of Audi A4 2016 will occur in USA

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi AG announced in a press conference the debut of the B9 A4 would occur around the Frankfurt auto show in September. Yet here in the states you say it will already be delivered and on sale by then? Something doesn't add up.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DarinS4Turbo
Audi AG announced in a press conference the debut of the B9 A4 would occur around the Frankfurt auto show in September. Yet here in the states you say it will already be delivered and on sale by then? Something doesn't add up.
Audi AG only said the 2016 A4 will makes its world debut in September. Audi AG specifically stated via same press release that the Audi A4 will be pre announced before the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, hence why Corporate Audi told me that the Audi A4 will be available for sale during the summer of this year.

Remember. the 2016 Audi A6 made its world debut in March during the Geneva Motor Show, but was pre announced as far back as late November of 2014. Same issue with the A4.

I am only going by what Corporate Audi informed me when I spoke to them on two (2) different occasions.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

When you say "Corporate Audi," do you mean Audi of America? If so, this information seems to contradict the letter they sent you. I'm with the others here, expecting a public reveal just before Frankfurt. Simply because the A4 might have been delayed doesn't necessarily mean that Audi will try to make up the time. My impression is that that's not how Audi works. Look at the Q7. It, too, was delayed. It now has been premiered, but it's still not for sale in the U.S. I'll guess we're at least six months away from seeing the new TT as well. I hope I'm wrong about this and that Audi will surprise us, since my wife is looking at a new A4. It's kind of baffling that AoA can sustain its sales with new product intros that lag the rest of the world. You'd think it would be a negative factor sooner or later.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

several of the salesmen at the Audi dealership that I work for part-time have told me that the B9 will not be coming until sometime mid-late 2016.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shs92645
several of the salesmen at the Audi dealership that I work for part-time have told me that the B9 will not be coming until sometime mid-late 2016.
Of course, sales people want you to buy what's currently available, not wait for what's coming. Nevertheless, I think this is realistic--the new A4 sometime in 2016.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Drollomite Man
Of course, sales people want you to buy what's currently available, not wait for what's coming. Nevertheless, I think this is realistic--the new A4 sometime in 2016.
If you look at the Audi's sales for January and February, only the A3 are selling, the others including the A4 have deeper and deeper loses each month. people are not buying them, they are waiting for the B9. I assume the 2016 A6, S6 and A7 will start to sale now since they are updated with the new features (they were not when it was the 2015 models in January and February) . I highly doubt Audi will delay the A4 another year (2 years) and watch its bread and butter sales decline as buyers move to its competitors. It makes no business sense at all.

I spoke with my Inventory analyst at Audi dealership (the one who makes the orders for the cars) as well as the Sales People, neither have any clue when they will be in or not. If the Inventory analyst does not know then I doubt the Sales People would know. However Audi America would.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you search 2016 Audi A4 on the web you will see some pic's of the new A4. It doesn't look to different from the A3 front with different set of headlights. The interior is different and they went with the pop up display similar to the A3. Looks about the same size . Take a look
Old 03-30-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
If you search 2016 Audi A4 on the web you will see some pic's of the new A4. It doesn't look to different from the A3 front with different set of headlights. The interior is different and they went with the pop up display similar to the A3. Looks about the same size . Take a look

If this is the new interior, I'm VERY glad I bought a current B8.

Here's A Really Incomplete 2016 Audi A4
Old 03-30-2015, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by roger_1
If this is the new interior, I'm VERY glad I bought a current B8.

Here's A Really Incomplete 2016 Audi A4
It does not look good at all. If it looks like that, I will keep the B8 I purchased last year and not bother with the B9
Old 03-31-2015, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

The interior is not a surprise as that follows in line with the A3 and updated A6. Exterior the transition area between the headlights and the grill seems to match whats been done on the R8 and Q7 but the headlights seem themselves - no idea. Given rumors that this car has been delayed to redesign it's styling, wonder if this is the final design or an earlier version.

Also based on the interior photos I don't see how you could use the MMI if this was paired with a manual transmission - maybe A4 is going to S-Tronic now?

Quick Reply: When delivery of Audi A4 2016 will occur in USA