A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Is your Sirius radio still working without subscription after three months?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So those of you who's Sat is still working after 3 mo -- did you get a "welcome" letter from Audi/Sirius saying your radio is now active?

I'm fairly sure the package I got today ensures mine will not work on Day 91...
Old 04-18-2009, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No letter for me. And it's been 3+ months.

<eom>
Old 11-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Mine is still working. Coming up on 8 months...

Picked up in late March.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine run out less than 1 month after I took delivery of the car.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hankoman
For those not getting a free ride: This week, my paid 1 yr sub was soon due to expire and after I told them I was canceling, the sales rep (after trying hard to sell me a lifetime sub) transferred me to the cancellation dept. Within 5 seconds, that person offered me a one year sub for half price. I took it. About $80 including the new $24 annual royalty fee.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hankoman
Make sure its not in dealer demo mode. Mine ran out after a month as well, called sirius and was told it was in dealer demo mode. They do this so they can show potential customers how the sirius works. They gave me the 3 month trial that was supposed to be included.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dht34
Make sure its not in dealer demo mode. Mine ran out after a month as well, called sirius and was told it was in dealer demo mode. They do this so they can show potential customers how the sirius works. They gave me the 3 month trial that was supposed to be included.
Yes - although dealers are supposed to activate the trial before delivery some don't. Apparently in some cases this results in the car being treated as a factory demo, with varying amounts of time before the radio stops working.

Mine stopped working after about 6 weeks, after which I called and got a new 3 month trial.

Close to the end of the trial, I would get calls from Sirius twice a day. On all of these they kept mentioning a "special offer" which was essentially their regular pricing. I had to wait until the sub expired to get an actual special offer of $77 (half-price) for a year and with the scam "monthly music royalty fee" waived.

BTW this ridiculous fee (which they claim is government imposed) is $2 a month, whereas the copyright ruling that requires Sirius to increase their royalty payments means an increase in their costs of only 6 cents per month per customer.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm at 7 months... still going...
Old 11-20-2009, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine lasted 3 months almost exactly to the day. I didn't even get a warning about signing up before it just stopped working.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Had XM in my old Acura

and got it free for a year after one of my contracts expired. Called with the intention of cancelling and got an amazingly cheap 3 year renewal out of it--less than what they had originally asked for one year. I might ditch the Sirius in the A4 after the trial period expires, though--sat. radio is getting more and more commercials and as a result I'm using it less and less.

Quick Reply: Is your Sirius radio still working without subscription after three months?