A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Any progress on the ACC default distance setup in the MMI ?
Old 05-02-2016, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Any progress on the ACC default distance setup in the MMI ?
Nope, STG13 doesn't accept new coding with or without security code, waiting for VCDS 16.5 which should be released this week to try again, 16.5 should also add access to STG46 wich handles the lighting options
Old 05-02-2016, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
For now (and probably a long time or forever) Google Earth and the other Connect Prime features will not work without active Connect Prime subscription regardless of the SIM used.
I just picked mine up this weekend (A4 2.0T Quattro First Ed., Black on black), and I was able to get it to pull Google Earth with no connection and no Audi Connect enabled. I don't even have an Audi Connect account set up yet.

I'm curious how it's using the data features and what is actually free forever or if anything is.

Also - Did you find your manual? I was surprised to find the compartment below and to the left of the steering wheel. I thought the manual was online only until I found that. It's a good spot for sunglasses. It's got the warranty book in there that you need to get stamped by the dealer.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by James Walston
I just picked mine up this weekend (A4 2.0T Quattro First Ed., Black on black), and I was able to get it to pull Google Earth with no connection and no Audi Connect enabled. I don't even have an Audi Connect account set up yet.

I'm curious how it's using the data features and what is actually free forever or if anything is.

Also - Did you find your manual? I was surprised to find the compartment below and to the left of the steering wheel. I thought the manual was online only until I found that. It's a good spot for sunglasses. It's got the warranty book in there that you need to get stamped by the dealer.
if you are in AudiConnect, there is an option to check the Licences, both Google Earth and Google Earth with street view have an end date that matches the end of the Audi Connect Prime/Plus trial in my car (October 2016). I'm ging to wait past that date to see what remains working and then decide if I want to renew.

The glove box is so small they had to make that box beside the steering wheel standard in the US :-) And even with the manual you can still fit an iPad mini in there.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hah, yeah I thought the glove box was ridiculous. It barely fits the small amount of paperwork it came with.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I wonder if anyone has tried to get the Shortcut Keys to store more than just radio stations. In my 2017 Q7, the manual says these keys can store nav destinations, playlists, and I think settings pages. But they only work for radio stations. AudiUSA tells me that storing other items is functionality that is not enabled in the USA.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I wonder if anyone has tried to get the Shortcut Keys to store more than just radio stations. In my 2017 Q7, the manual says these keys can store nav destinations, playlists, and I think settings pages. But they only work for radio stations. AudiUSA tells me that storing other items is functionality that is not enabled in the USA.
That's what I'd like to know as well, our 2015 X5 has programmable buttons that can store just about anything, jump to the sound settings, a certain media input, a phone contact, etc.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nope, STG13 doesn't accept new coding with or without security code, waiting for VCDS 16.5 which should be released this week to try again, 16.5 should also add access to STG46 wich handles the lighting options
Yay!!! After three attempts, my dealer was finally able to get the ACC Standard Setting menu to appear in my 2017 Q7. It took involvement from Audi regional reps and engineers.

Hopefully now anyone else who wants to get this enabled (as stated in the owner's manual) will be able to get it done by having their dealer contact the regional support. Hopefully the same for the A4.
Attached Images  

Last edited by RickObe; 05-02-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice! i will most certainly email my dealer tomorrow with link to this topic...
Old 05-02-2016, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice! i will most certainly email my dealer tomorrow with link to this topic...
Check the owners manual for the A4 and see if it says the same thing as the Q7: that you can ask an authorized dealer to enable the menu. That might give you some ammunition.

If you want more details/contact info, PM me.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks