A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I was just going through the list of items under long coding in CM 17. I saw a few interesting options like Tire Pressure monitoring display (default - No) and internal noise sound actuator (default - No). I was wondering whether setting TPMS display to us would display the tire pressures on the VC since our cars already have TPMS. Also, is internal noise sound actuator the soundaktor? If we enable it, would it simulate the engine noise inside the cabin? Curious but scared to play around with untried stuff.
we don't have the tpms sensors that monitor individual tire pressure so it wouldn't really tell you much and we also don't have a soundaktor so that won't do anything either :/
Old 12-14-2016, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
we don't have the tpms sensors that monitor individual tire pressure so it wouldn't really tell you much and we also don't have a soundaktor so that won't do anything either :/
Are you sure about the TPMS? If so, how does the tpms in the mmi measure tyre pressures? What about the indicator in the VC? I thought out cars had TPMS sensors!!
And regarding the soundaktor, I guessed our cars didn't have it installed. Just curious as to how it would've sounded in our car if it had.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are you sure about the TPMS? If so, how does the tpms in the mmi measure tyre pressures? What about the indicator in the VC? I thought out cars had TPMS sensors!!
And regarding the soundaktor, I guessed our cars didn't have it installed. Just curious as to how it would've sounded in our car if it had.
we have TPMS sensors, as they're required by law but we don't have the expensive direct monitors that measure each wheels PSI as they aren't very cost effective and don't add much in functionality, the ones we have use the ABS system I believe and could tell you which tire is low. The sound actuator just makes the car sound more potent but I think doesn't do the best job A3s or S3s have them, you can google videos of it and it'll be well explained
Old 12-15-2016, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

we have TPMS sensors, as they're required by law but we don't have the expensive direct monitors that measure each wheels PSI as they aren't very cost effective and don't add much in functionality, the ones we have use the ABS system I believe and could tell you which tire is low.
Correct. Our TPMS system uses the ABS to detect very small changes in wheel speed in relation to the other wheels. It can use this to detect a tire that is losing air without having to directly measure the pressure.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

RS and the R8 models usually have TPMS sensors in all wheels and it will likely be an option once the RS4 B9 gets released. Would do nothing for all the other B9s though.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

we have TPMS sensors, as they're required by law but we don't have the expensive direct monitors that measure each wheels PSI as they aren't very cost effective and don't add much in functionality, the ones we have use the ABS system I believe and could tell you which tire is low. The sound actuator just makes the car sound more potent but I think doesn't do the best job A3s or S3s have them, you can google videos of it and it'll be well explained
Oh ok. I had absolutely no idea. Thank you for the information.

Originally Posted by RickObe
Correct. Our TPMS system uses the ABS to detect very small changes in wheel speed in relation to the other wheels. It can use this to detect a tire that is losing air without having to directly measure the pressure.
Okay. That makes sense. Is it the same in the Q7 too?

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
RS and the R8 models usually have TPMS sensors in all wheels and it will likely be an option once the RS4 B9 gets released. Would do nothing for all the other B9s though.
So the S and other As also have the same TPMS system as our A4?
Old 12-15-2016, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh ok. I had absolutely no idea. Thank you for the information.

Okay. That makes sense. Is it the same in the Q7 too?

So the S and other As also have the same TPMS system as our A4?
The Q7 is the same, but the R8 I know has direct wheel monitoring and I think other performance models as well.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The Q7 is the same, but the R8 I know has direct wheel monitoring and I think other performance models as well.
Oh okay. I was expecting them to offer proper, full fledged TPMS in such expensive cars.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh okay. I was expecting them to offer proper, full fledged TPMS in such expensive cars.
Im glad that they don't, theres really no real reason to have them on a passenger vehicle where most people don't even know what a TPMS light is and just need to know what tire is low, most people can't even find inflation values on a tire (I know all you lot can). Plus they cost a fortune for the direct monitors. Plus having all of the tires be 1 or 2 PSI from each other would give me OCD haha.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently completed the Audi satisfaction survey and I asked them to implement direct tire pressure sensors. GM cars have them and you can see pressure to the tenth of a PSI. My 535ix had them, but they never displayed pressure, just highlighted the low tire. The nice thing about these systems is that it helps my pressure balance OCD and when I fill the tire the system will recognize it and automatically disable the message. Considering how long I keep cars, I will have a new one before the battery dies in the sensor.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks