A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 discount

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorsantana
Have you thought about buying out of state? Perhaps FL? I don't know if the extra discount would make up for the transportation fee, etc.
Thanks but FL from Ohio is a pretty big road trip. Maybe plan a vacation and get a one way ticket down there. Lol.

Im about an hour to KY and about the same to IN. PA is about three hours. So I have options to get a car and be back the same day. Heck Detroit is only 4 hours. I don't mind a road trip but a 32 hour round trip is a little much unless I'm getting a REALLY good deal lol.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got 12% off last week. I am happy with that because many of the dealers in this area would not touch that.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by suesrn3
I got 12% off last week. I am happy with that because many of the dealers in this area would not touch that.
can anybody share where in the mid west (around Ohio) where they are getting these great deals? Thanks
Old 02-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by djworland
can anybody share where in the mid west (around Ohio) where they are getting these great deals? Thanks
Sorry, I am in the New England area.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am looking for 10.5%-12% here as well but no dealers are close to that. They are at 8%. They are not agressive and have plenty of vehicles on the lots. Just want someone to give me 12% and we are good to go.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djworland
lol I had to laugh. I've taken a test drive in an A4 and been having a discussion via email with the internet sales lady. As soon as I mentioned I've read where dealers are giving 10% to 12% discounts and if she was willing to work with that, I'm now getting the silent treatment.

Guess time to talk to other dealers. I don't mind traveling to save a few thousand bucks. In my area of Ohio, dealers seen spread out over 50 + miles between them.
Sorry to hear that my first offer was 12.5% off MSRP.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jorgecopa
Sorry to hear that my first offer was 12.5% off MSRP.
Discounts depend a lot on where you live too. Plus the time frame of purchase. When I bought my car, I got the best rates in IL. But compared to what people are paying now, it looks like I was robbed.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Adding for those that might be shopping in Texas. I dealt with four dealerships, all online/phone/text message, before stepping through the door to make the purchase of a P+ last week at the Audi South Austin dealership.

Audi Central Houston - Originally offered 6.5%, then 8%, then 9% and finally 10% off MSRP. The deal breaker here was they absolutely refused to show me their numbers. Said they'd fax a purchase order to my financial institution, but not to me. Would not send me anything official attaching a price to a specific car. When I told them I wouldn't make that drive without something official, their response was - ok, let us know if you decide to buy here.

Audi Plano - Offered 8.49% off MSRP in their original email response. Didn't really attempt to haggle, but they didn't seem too interested in competing with Audi Central Houston.

Audi South Austin (where I bought the A4) - offered 9% off in response to Houston's 10% off and included Audi Care for $1.00. A effective total savings of 10.74%.

Audi North Austin - First dealership visited and where my wife test drove the A4. Salesperson originally scoffed at the TrueCar prices (about 9.03% off MSRP in this area) saying TrueCar was not an accurate representation of price paid. They offered $1500 off MSRP (even though their website later showed $2000 off the car we were looking at). When contacted regarding Audi South Austin's deal, said they'd absolutely match it. Given their original response and the fact that my wife preferred a car on South Austin's lot, we didn't give them the opportunity to match.

Maybe I could've bargained more, but based on my recent dealings I don't think 12.5% off is readily offered in Texas. I did everything via email/phone/text message though and it was an easy deal with the South Austin location.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardolphus
Adding for those that might be shopping in Texas. I dealt with four dealerships, all online/phone/text message, before stepping through the door to make the purchase of a P+ last week at the Audi South Austin dealership.

Audi Central Houston - Originally offered 6.5%, then 8%, then 9% and finally 10% off MSRP. The deal breaker here was they absolutely refused to show me their numbers. Said they'd fax a purchase order to my financial institution, but not to me. Would not send me anything official attaching a price to a specific car. When I told them I wouldn't make that drive without something official, their response was - ok, let us know if you decide to buy here.

Audi Plano - Offered 8.49% off MSRP in their original email response. Didn't really attempt to haggle, but they didn't seem too interested in competing with Audi Central Houston.

Audi South Austin (where I bought the A4) - offered 9% off in response to Houston's 10% off and included Audi Care for $1.00. A effective total savings of 10.74%.

Audi North Austin - First dealership visited and where my wife test drove the A4. Salesperson originally scoffed at the TrueCar prices (about 9.03% off MSRP in this area) saying TrueCar was not an accurate representation of price paid. They offered $1500 off MSRP (even though their website later showed $2000 off the car we were looking at). When contacted regarding Audi South Austin's deal, said they'd absolutely match it. Given their original response and the fact that my wife preferred a car on South Austin's lot, we didn't give them the opportunity to match.

Maybe I could've bargained more, but based on my recent dealings I don't think 12.5% off is readily offered in Texas. I did everything via email/phone/text message though and it was an easy deal with the South Austin location.
It also depends on how many cars dealers are sitting on. At least for what I can see and my own experience the most discount is happening in FL where we are getting 10-15% off...there are about 5 Audi dealers within 30mins to 1hr drive from Miami were each one have 80-100 A4's in stock. So there is a lot to choose from and dealers down here dont like to share cars with others so if the one you are looking for is not available but it is at another location they will do whatever it takes (more discount on a similar one, freebies, etc) to keep you, instead of letting you walk out to the competition.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bardolphus

Hi, I'm also in Texas and actually tried Audi South Austin just last week and they initially offered 5%. I expressed to them that I was working with 2 other dealerships and asked them to give me their best price. Kacy told me she understood and then passed me off to a guy named Marcio, who then asked me how he could help.....that alone turned me off. Being turned over to another sales person, but also the fact that the first sales person did not pass along the info......Anyway, I mentioned to him that his 5% was the worst offer received and no where near the other 2 offers.....had the official offers on paper to show them....but he never came back with a better offer.

I ended up going with Cavender Audi in San Antonio, who gave me 9.23% after matching the price True Car recommended I should pay ($44,639 on $49,175 MSRP). Not sure if I could have gotten him down further, but felt it was a good deal (an exceptional price according to True Car and below market average).

Like you, I don't think we are gonna get those 12% deals in Texas right now....maybe once the A5's start hitting the show rooms and selling off the lots.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 discount