AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now it's totally make seance.
Many thanks for answering my question.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
That's by design, automatic go disables after 3 seconds and you will need to pull the ACC stalk or push the gas pedal to get going.
I believe there is a way via service menus to change the 3 second value to something higher. Sorry I don't have more details but I read that elsewhere.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Adaptive Cruise Control keeps the speed and distance and Stop'n'Go makes the ACC resume if stopped for 3 seconds or less. ACC doesn't do any steering, that's what Lane Assist and Traffic Jam Assist are for. Traffic Jam Assist active means that your car will steer based on the cars (2 or more) in front of you and not based on the lane markers. This makes a difference if the cars in front of you drive around something on the road but Lane Assist would drive into it because it keeps the car in the middle of the detected lanes.

Lane Assist uses the lane markers above 40mph to keep your car in the middle of the lane and Traffic Jam Assist follows the 2 or more cars in front of you below 40mph. Traffic Jam Assist doesn't care about lane markers and Lane Assist doesn''t care about what the cars in front of you do. Lane Assist will turn off at 37mph when you slow down and hand it over to Traffic Jam Assist. If you accelerate then Traffic Jam Assist will hand over the steering to Lane Assist above 40mph.

ACC does not see stopped cars or a garbage bin in the middle of the road. Lane Assist does not see those things either. But Traffic Jam Assist will steer around the car or garbage bin if the cars in front of you do so also. On the other hand might Traffic Jam Assist drive your car into a curb or deep pothole in case the cars in front of you barely avoided those and your car is following those cars with some variance. That's why neither TJA nor LA are autopilot kind of assistants.

ACC is a very reliable assistant though as long as the car in front of you is moving. If the car in front of you changes lanes and another car is stopped in your lane in front of the car that just changed lanes, ACC will likely not slow down. The same is true for Pre-Sense front which is great in avoiding collisions when the car in front of you stops abruptly but it will not help much if the car in front of you is standing still before ACC detected it.
Phew!So you have ACC on, driving along at say 45 mph, a couple of hundred yards ahead a traffic jam stops, not slows the cars in front of you. ACC doesn't stop your car?
Old 08-31-2016, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Th3D0n
I know there are some changes between the years and the new 2017 looks pretty sweet but I was just curious what everyone's thoughts on this forums is in regards to waiting for the 2017 A4 or just picking up a 2016 since there will be some pretty good deals going around at this time on the previous year model?

If you live in Canada, grab a 2016

US, 2017.

50% of the Audi Connect options aren't available on the Canadian version I found out AFTER Leasing mine..as in no Traffic Services through Audi Connect nor Sirius, just ridiculous.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Phew!So you have ACC on, driving along at say 45 mph, a couple of hundred yards ahead a traffic jam stops, not slows the cars in front of you. ACC doesn't stop your car?
ACC can "see" about 300 feet far, as long as there's moving traffic within that distance you are fine. But if there is traffic with a moving car about 250 feet in front of you and stopped cars in the same lane about 350 feet in front of you and the car in front of you changes lanes then ACC will not stop or slow down. Easy to test at traffic lights since it doesn't depend on the speed that you are driving (neither Lane Assist or Traffic Jam Assist would slow down or accelerate your car and ACC always works the same way regardless of the speed). In light traffic, one car stopped at the light 500 feet in front of you, you are following another car which then changes to the left turn lane, ACC will not slow down because it never saw the stopped car at the light in your lane.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for your reply "Civuck".
It will be highly appreciated if you could provide more detail or let me know where did you read that?
Old 09-01-2016, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Audi A3? No way man. Definitely don't go with it unless you're dying for quattro.

What people are saying about the B8, they're pretty right, but the B9 is on a whole nother level really. The Engine and transmission is straight up almost night and day. The interior is sick!

I was highly considering the A3 for a cheaper car before I swallowed the pill for the A4. Waiting to get it any day now. But after I drove the Golf GTI, I thought it was a lot more fun and for a much lower pricer you get a bunch of tech that costs a lot on the A3. Not to mention so much more functionality with the hatchback over the A3 sedan.
The 2016 GTI Autobahn, with leather and tech package I was able to go from 46,000 (with taxes and all in Toronto, Ontario, Canada), to $42,000, and I didn't even have to try hard / push to the max.
AND, I didn't even pull out cards like... VW doesn't have the best reputation right now and I've been checking AutoTrader and I know for a fact you have at least 5 of these just sitting around for over 8 weeks. Basically if I wanted a GTI I probably would have landed at $40,000 CAD
Old 09-01-2016, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by afa_1313
Thanks for your reply "Civuck".
It will be highly appreciated if you could provide more detail or let me know where did you read that?
Read through all of this A6 thread - not sure if the procedures discussed will work on A4 or not but worth a try.

EDIT: See discussion here too.

Last edited by Civuck; 09-01-2016 at 07:14 AM.