A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A4 Sports Line - Change the suspension to non S-Line? // 19 inch rims?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default A4 Sports Line - Change the suspension to non S-Line? // 19 inch rims?

So I bought the A4 and definitely got the S-Line package cause the minor appearance details and the detailing inside I just loved.

However now, I find the suspension a bit too stiff for Toronto roads.

Questions:

1) Is it possible to have the suspension adjusted to the non-Sline version?

2) Will this make a difference in ride comfort / suspension give?

3) Will jumping on 18's make a big difference instead of the 19's rims (which are sexy A.F.) with respect to ride comfort?
Old 10-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didn't know the S-line package has suspension change.
i thought it was just a body kits and 18" wheel.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you switched to 18's and a tire with more sidewall it should give you a more comfortable ride.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by twlai
i didn't know the S-line package has suspension change.
i thought it was just a body kits and 18" wheel.
According to Audi Canada's website, the S-Line sports package includes the Sport Suspension along with cosmetic touches.

Last edited by plat27265; 10-19-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by munsabin
So I bought the A4 and definitely got the S-Line package cause the minor appearance details and the detailing inside I just loved.

Questions:

3) Will jumping on 18's make a big difference instead of the 19's rims (which are sexy A.F.) with respect to ride comfort?
#1: No. You need to swap springs. There is no adjustment to dial down the spring rate.
#2: Yes, standard springs will give you a more comfy ride.
#3: It will make the ride more comfortable especially if the tire has a soft sidewall.

One other thing you should consider is reducing the tire pressure. If your current tire pressure is for a full load then the ride will be stiffer. If you want a softer ride, drop down the tire pressure to the minimum recommended pressure for 1 or 2 occupants.

Last edited by plat27265; 10-19-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Questions:

I think the main issue is the stupid hankook tires that come on the 19' I hate them, I always ran michilen pilot a/s on my 19' b8 (255/35/19) and that car was slammed on coils and the ride was not as harsh as my b9
Old 10-20-2016, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
According to Audi Canada's website, the S-Line sports package includes the Sport Suspension along with cosmetic touches.

I wonder why it is non-optional and included in the Canadian S-Line but not the S-Line for the US?

I'm glad its not included in the US, you should really want the Sport Suspension and opt for it specifically or you may be dissatisfied with the ride quality. That said, I think Audi has done a great job on the Sports Suspension with the A4. And as has been said, its even better if you reduce the tire pressures down to the "normal" inflation levels in the manual.

Dave
Old 10-20-2016, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dave W
I wonder why it is non-optional and included in the Canadian S-Line but not the S-Line for the US?

I'm glad its not included in the US, you should really want the Sport Suspension and opt for it specifically or you may be dissatisfied with the ride quality. That said, I think Audi has done a great job on the Sports Suspension with the A4. And as has been said, its even better if you reduce the tire pressures down to the "normal" inflation levels in the manual.

Dave
The Canadian market in general is just 1/10th of the US market. This means the volume of cars sold in Canada is very low. To keep production costs down, manufacturers bundle as much options as possible under option packages or limit selectable options to a minimum. A good example is the SLine Package you talked about. For US, you guys get to pick and choose more options a-la-carte compared to Canadians. We usually end up being forced to get a top-end trim line just because we could not pick a some options that would otherwise be available to the US for a lower trim line. On some occasion, the Canadian market gets to have a couple more forced options that are not even available to the US market. This pushes the price up which means increased profits for the factory.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
The Canadian market in general is just 1/10th of the US market. This means the volume of cars sold in Canada is very low. To keep production costs down, manufacturers bundle as much options as possible under option packages or limit selectable options to a minimum. A good example is the SLine Package you talked about. For US, you guys get to pick and choose more options a-la-carte compared to Canadians. We usually end up being forced to get a top-end trim line just because we could not pick a some options that would otherwise be available to the US for a lower trim line. On some occasion, the Canadian market gets to have a couple more forced options that are not even available to the US market. This pushes the price up which means increased profits for the factory.
Got it.

Thanks so much for explaining that.

Dave
Old 10-20-2016, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Questions:

A warning: The combination of standard suspension and 19" wheels will look very awkward with a massive wheel gap.

Quick Reply: A4 Sports Line - Change the suspension to non S-Line? // 19 inch rims?