A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

About to buy. Toronto, Canada. What's a good target price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default About to buy. Toronto, Canada. What's a good target price?

Canada: A4 Progressive + S Line + LED package + Blue Metallic color = $51,140 MSRP
In the US.. that's basically A4 Premium Plus.

Realistically, what's a great target to aim for an out the door cost?

Someone buy something similar in Ontario? What was your out the door cost? How much did you bargain?

I'm thinking if I can swing a 54,000 ish out-the-door cost it would be a good bargain. Thoughts?

Cheers

Last edited by munsabin; 08-25-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard anywhere from 5-7% off msrp
Old 08-26-2016, 03:21 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Have you run the Carcost Canada report? I admit I haven't on the A4, but often Carcost Canada has deals with dealers who will offer a flat markup (i.e. all A4s at $2000 over MSRP or whatever), so that at least would get you a baseline.

Otherwise, my view that 5-6% off MSRP, plus any stackable incentives (if there are any) means you're doing well. Keep an eye out on admin fees, PDI, etc as well, as different dealers may charge more for those. It's easy for a dealer to give you a further $400 off if their admin fee is $600 more.

That being said, it's also a question of how much effort you're willing to throw at this. There are... 3?... dealers in the 416 that I can think of, then another 6 in the 905.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by munsabin
Canada: A4 Progressive + S Line + LED package + Blue Metallic color = $51,140 MSRP
In the US.. that's basically A4 Premium Plus.

Realistically, what's a great target to aim for an out the door cost?

Someone buy something similar in Ontario? What was your out the door cost? How much did you bargain?

I'm thinking if I can swing a 54,000 ish out-the-door cost it would be a good bargain. Thoughts?

Cheers

You don't want the Virtual Cockpit ??

Or did you mean "Technik" + all those goodies?
Old 08-26-2016, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tgs2017
You don't want the Virtual Cockpit ??

Or did you mean "Technik" + all those goodies?
Lol. Nope, I find all the Technik stuff useless. I tried the virtual cockpit... really didn't see the point of it, plus the progressive comes with a very good heads up display that's got very detailed navigation as well.

I'd rather spend the cash on S Line than upgrade to technik.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Ths only thing that irks me is I want the B&O sound system as I love the music played on the test car we had, but you have to get the Technik...Why can't it be a stand alone option
Old 08-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Didn't realize the builds and engine options were so different just across the border.

Here you can't get Heads Up Display unless you go to top of the line Prestige. That will include Virtual Cockpit as well.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:09 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by munsabin
Lol. Nope, I find all the Technik stuff useless. I tried the virtual cockpit... really didn't see the point of it, plus the progressive comes with a very good heads up display that's got very detailed navigation as well.
The HUD is not standard on the Progressiv; it's like a $1000-1100 option...
Old 08-26-2016, 04:14 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mlingama
Didn't realize the builds and engine options were so different just across the border.

Here you can't get Heads Up Display unless you go to top of the line Prestige. That will include Virtual Cockpit as well.
Audi is unusual in how different the configurations are between the U.S. and Canada. Most automakers have subtle little ways of screwing Canadians, e.g. not including a feature that's in one U.S.-market trim in the equivalent Canadian trim. Or charging more. Also, lots of RWD/AWD cars are not available in RWD form here.

In Audiland, there are lots of big differences. e.g. Pre-Sense City is in the Driver Assistance package available only (I think?) on the Technik; in the U.S. it's standard on all cars. The S-Line Canadian package includes the flat-bottomed wheel unavailable in the U.S., the sport options in the U.S. sport package, and the S-Line body work standard on U.S. Premium Plus/Prestiges.

Plus there are things that are just not available, e.g. the all-beige or all-grey interiors (the only ones available here are those with the black dash and black steering wheel.)

If you go and look at European B9s, it's even crazier how different everything is.