A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Anyone else impatiently waiting on B9 Allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else impatiently waiting on B9 Allroad?

Order guide came out mid-june but no pricing and no orders being accepted yet. Anyone have a clue how long the wait might be? If the sedan is any indication, the order guide made it online about a month before pricing. Hopefully that's the case with the allroad and we'll see something soon. I want to hurry up and place my order so I can start waiting the multiple months it'll take to get it built and delivered. I would just get another A4 but I like the idea of having a bit of flexibility with the cargo and I think the front end of the allroad looks much more aggressive and to my tastes then the, in my opinion, bland sedan a4. I'm a B8 guy so am partial to the prominent lower lip of allroad.

Anyone have any experience driving the B8 allroad vs the sedan? I'm wondering if the increased ride height will make it less fun to drive than my sport suspensioned B8. Adaptive suspension is standard on the b9 allroad so hopefully that'll make it stiff enough for the fun driving and then comfy when I hit my moonscape of a road near my home.

And hopefully the new Quattro ultra won't be too noticeable. All the reviews say the awd is there when you need it and they didn't notice any difference in driving charateristics vs the standard awd.

Anyway, come on Audi, take my money already!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2014 Allroad has a smoother ride than the sedan (more suspension travel), and handles well, with probably more a bit more body roll in corners than the sedan. It's built with a wider wheel track than the sedan, to offset the increased height. Additionally, I've installed wheel spacers - front 3mm and rear 8mm - which have made an noticeable improvement in straight line tracking and in cornering.

The car feels remarkably nimble and light on its feet, in a very good way.

2014 Allroad P+, Glacier White/Titanium, Full paint, Sport package, Nav, Audi Advanced Key, B&O, Rear Camera, Side Assist

Last edited by roger_1; 07-09-2016 at 06:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-08-2016, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was waiting for the new gen Allroad and/or Q5 but didn't want to wait any longer for either one, so we bought a 2016 A6. I'll keep them on my radar and see what happens in 3-4 years when the bug hits again.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Audi has said the allroad will be available this fall.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by phanatic
Order guide came out mid-june but no pricing and no orders being accepted yet. Anyone have a clue how long the wait might be? If the sedan is any indication, the order guide made it online about a month before pricing. Hopefully that's the case with the allroad and we'll see something soon. I want to hurry up and place my order so I can start waiting the multiple months it'll take to get it built and delivered. I would just get another A4 but I like the idea of having a bit of flexibility with the cargo and I think the front end of the allroad looks much more aggressive and to my tastes then the, in my opinion, bland sedan a4. I'm a B8 guy so am partial to the prominent lower lip of allroad.

Anyway, come on Audi, take my money already!
I am torn between a Q7 and the Allroad. I already have a Q7 (2015 model - bought in December - with all the bells and whistles) but not willing to pay MSRP on a new Q7... I think they are overpriced.

I am inclined to go the Allroad route. I have family that own an Allroad and I like how the car rides + it has the space I need for my wife + kids. I've been talking to my sales rep and he believes they should be able to place the order next week (or before the end of the month)... as deliveries will start sometime in September.

Last edited by Fdvigna; 07-08-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
I am torn between a Q7 and the Allroad. I already have a Q7 (2015 model - bought in December - with all the bells and whistles) but not willing to pay MSRP on a new Q7... I think they are overpriced.

I am inclined to go the Allroad route. I have family that own an Allroad and I like how the car rides + it has the space I need for my wife + kids. I've talking to my sales rep and he believes they should be able to place the order next week (or before the end of the month)... as deliveries will start at sometime in September.
Good news, lets hope it's that quick. I keep hearing "the fall" but was hoping that meant the first ones will arrive then and mine can be one of them if I order soon.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default A6 Avant based Allroad

Anybody hear any news about an A6 Avant based Allroad for the US?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by perlfather
Anybody hear any news about an A6 Avant based Allroad for the US?
Now THAT would be a no-brainer ;-) ... I don't understand why they don't bring it to the US. From what I gathered over the internet they have no plans for the A6 avant/allroad in the US. All the major specialized publications that I read indicated that there's no plans for that to happen. No sure if its price point to close to Q7 or else...

I know that there are some sales reps/dealer folks in the forum, maybe they have heard something one way or the other?!?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by phanatic
Good news, lets hope it's that quick. I keep hearing "the fall" but was hoping that meant the first ones will arrive then and mine can be one of them if I order soon.
What color are you considering?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Orders can be placed. We have placed one so far and the build week is 32 so it looks like we will have them for the Fall.

Quick Reply: Anyone else impatiently waiting on B9 Allroad?