A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blurum
@Mitchfin - did your original instructions at thread start enable this (forward colision warning)? I was about 6+ feet behind a car at a red light and the forward sensors triggered and a the graphic showed a red area . first time I saw this. was stopped and too far for parking sensor triggers.

Also since the update - on certain streets its warns me that there is an intersection ahead - shows the graphic on VC and tells me to slow down/brake icon if I am over speed limit. I have a PP with tech and sport

and thx for all your great work !
what country are you in? More coding is required for pre sense front so it's interesting that it popped up for you. Also the foot and brake icon are a part of the driver assistance pane
Old 01-20-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
what country are you in? More coding is required for pre sense front so it's interesting that it popped up for you. Also the foot and brake icon are a part of the driver assistance pane
Republic of New York - let me try it again without getting too close to live cars. Perhaps tailgate my friends car- need to re-check and see what the diff is between the park sensors and this. Unless I am confusing them.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blurum
Republic of New York - let me try it again without getting too close to live cars. Perhaps tailgate my friends car- need to re-check and see what the diff is between the park sensors and this. Unless I am confusing them.
Oh well if you're in the US than it was all already enabled on your car
Old 01-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

On I was gonna say, how the hell? Haha
I coded this and no bueno in the HUD... Mitchfin, did you have luck?
Old 01-26-2017, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the coding and adaptations that I used to activate Audi Active Lane Assist, I am not making any promises or assuming responsibility, code at your own risk, But it worked perfectly for me. I do get a few faults but I think it is due to me trying to activate Traffic Sign Recognition. UPDATE: Unchecking the option for STA in A5 coding (Byte 16->Bit 5) and you will no longer get the congestion assist fault code.

You will get a few bings from your car about Pre Sense Malfunction, these will all go away once you are done. This will activate the self steering, steering wheel vibration, and lane crossing warning. Do all the coding then do adaptations.

If using OBDEleven use all the directions only on the left half of the "|" symbol, if using VCDS use all the directions on the right side of the "|".

UPDATE:
Security codes:
A5- 20103

ALL Coding:

A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active | Byte 12>Bit 3

17 - Dash Board (One of these may already be on, make sure both are)
Lane Assistant>Active | Byte 4>Bit 6
Lane Change Assistant>Active | Byte 5>Bit 3

09 - Central Electrics
Heading Control Config>heading_control | Byte 35>Bit 0

44 - Steering Assistance
Heading Control Assistant>Active | Byte 2>Bit 7

ALL ADAPTATIONS:

5F - Information Electronics

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning_over_threshold_high = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2>LDW_HCA_0x19> Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus> Set Value to “Terminal 15”

BAP Personalization = Set Value to “Not Activated”

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on = Set value to “Last Setting”

System mode, lane depart. warn, = Set Value to “Selection via menu”

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the button to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC)

You can tweak the vibration intensity, warning time, and steering effort in these A5 adaptations:

UPDATE

Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: steering wheel vibration (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: power steering support (3 options)
Hey MitchFin

Just wanted to say this is great work for those that need it, however there is one bit wrong (at least I think so)

Lane Change Assistant is for Side Assist (which I dont have) and so isnt applicable to Lane Assist (which is the steering wheel vibration over the road lines) whereas Lane Change Assistant is Blind Spot Monitoring. I'm 99% sure if you turn Lane Change Assistant off again (Byte 5 / Bit 3 to 0) your Lane Assistant will still work fine. Mine is like that from factory (I have lane Assistant)

Hope that helps

Andy

Edit:

Also, my "BAP Personalization" in Module A5 is set to Active (again from Factory with Lane Assistant). I believe this may be because I have Convenience Key because if I get in car or wife does sometimes Lane Assist is enabled or not (if for example its turned off before locking car)

IDE10873-BAP personalization activated

Last edited by andyhud; 01-26-2017 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:26 AM
djm
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One weird thing for me is I never get the vibration or the green lines turning red. If I slowly drift out of lane with no turn signal, the steering pushes me back in and that's it. Or I overpower the steering and the lines turn gray as I cross over into the next lane. Guess I need to dig around with the OBD11 to see if I missed some setting.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is the coding and adaptations that I used to activate Audi Active Lane Assist, I am not making any promises or assuming responsibility, code at your own risk, But it worked perfectly for me. I do get a few faults but I think it is due to me trying to activate Traffic Sign Recognition. UPDATE: Unchecking the option for STA in A5 coding (Byte 16->Bit 5) and you will no longer get the congestion assist fault code.

You will get a few bings from your car about Pre Sense Malfunction, these will all go away once you are done. This will activate the self steering, steering wheel vibration, and lane crossing warning. Do all the coding then do adaptations.

If using OBDEleven use all the directions only on the left half of the "|" symbol, if using VCDS use all the directions on the right side of the "|".

UPDATE:
Security codes:
A5- 20103

ALL Coding:

HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active | Byte 12>Bit 3

Lane Assistant>Active | Byte 4>Bit 6

09 - Central Electrics
Heading Control Config>heading_control | Byte 35>Bit 0

44 - Steering Assistance
Heading Control Assistant>Active | Byte 2>Bit 7

ALL ADAPTATIONS:

5F - Information Electronics

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning_over_threshold_high = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2>LDW_HCA_0x19> Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus> Set Value to “Terminal 15”

BAP Personalization = Set Value to “Not Activated”

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on = Set value to “Last Setting”

System mode, lane depart. warn, = Set Value to “Selection via menu”

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the button to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC)

You can tweak the vibration intensity, warning time, and steering effort in these A5 adaptations:

UPDATE

Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: steering wheel vibration (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: power steering support (3 options)
For those with a HUD, you can activate via
82 - Head up display
Long Coding - Lane Departure Warning - Available
Accept

Popped up instantly and confirmed it works like a charm.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Just found out the other day, we can turn the lane departure warning (vibration) off via MMI in the Vehicle Setting. However, no option to turn off the Lane keep assist (auto lane keep). Only "early" or "late" two choice. Guess that can only be turned off via the switch on signal stalk on Prestige trim.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by minmet
Just found out the other day, we can turn the lane departure warning (vibration) off via MMI in the Vehicle Setting. However, no option to turn off the Lane keep assist (auto lane keep). Only "early" or "late" two choice. Guess that can only be turned off via the switch on signal stalk on Prestige trim.
Or by disabling TCS
Old 01-28-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Or by disabling TCS

OK, I give. What is TCS?

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)