A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Old 02-23-2017, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Glad it's working, glad it's working for you! No more error codes?
Mitchen. I'm stuck in error code Hell. I'm now listing 2 Faulty Control Units.

Any idea of what might be going here. I've triple checked everything..
Attached Thumbnails Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)-img_6518.jpg   Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)-img_6519.jpg   Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)-img_6520.jpg   Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)-img_6521.jpg   Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)-img_6522.jpg  

Old 02-23-2017, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nevermind. Got it!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Allroading17
So if I buy Carista, this will let me have lane assist? I have a Allroad with everything B9
I tried using Carista with my B9, and it gave me a message saying that my model was one that they were developing coding for. It asked if I wanted to send them information about my car's systems, and I clicked OK. But it was taking forever, and after about 20 minutes, only about 3% showed on the progress bar, so I canceled out.

I then purchased an OBDEleven.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

(VCDS) So i was able to get through all of the coding and most of the adaptations, but it would not let me change A5 BAP Personalization - Would not allow a selection, nor for System mode lane departure or Switch on Condition
When i try to select A5 now it states that a ROD file is missing and adaptation is now unable to be sellected?
Old 02-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A4again
(VCDS) So i was able to get through all of the coding and most of the adaptations, but it would not let me change A5 BAP Personalization - Would not allow a selection, nor for System mode lane departure or Switch on Condition
When i try to select A5 now it states that a ROD file is missing and adaptation is now unable to be sellected?
I don't know as much as other members here but perhaps you overlooked entering the security code to adjust a5 settings? It's listed before all the other info in the original post.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I used the security code, Looks like it may be VCDS related. I just upgraded to the latest firmware, see if this makes a difference.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Confirmed VCDS issue. All is working now!
Old 02-27-2017, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
That is why. Hex can isn't compatible with the MLBevo platform. You need either hex net or OBDEleven
I doubt this applies to very many people, but there are two HEX+CAN interfaces, mine being the older RS-232 (not USB) version. I used it yesterday to code Lane Assist and Headlight Assist with no issues, save for the common "laneholding assistance not coded" fault that resolves itself. Still no labels as of 17.1, which is a shame since VCDS seems to update more often than Java or Acrobat reader.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by stigshero
I doubt this applies to very many people, but there are two HEX+CAN interfaces, mine being the older RS-232 (not USB) version. I used it yesterday to code Lane Assist and Headlight Assist with no issues, save for the common "laneholding assistance not coded" fault that resolves itself. Still no labels as of 17.1, which is a shame since VCDS seems to update more often than Java or Acrobat reader.
I was able to do most of my coding with my Hex/net(USB) VAGCom but there were many modules without labels still. I picked up an OBD11 on the side for the rest.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks Mitch!
working here - along with your active main beam
Seems the UK B9 likes to wait a while before it settles, I had the same issues as two other users, error and showing in MIB but greyed out. Waited 30 mins, all good. Thank you excellent job!

Now hoping someone clever gets video playback working not VIM I'd be happy with video at a standstill!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)