A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

:: ECS Tuning :: Neuspeed Power Module | B9 A4 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
We have not tested it against other products just ran it on our dyno to prove it actually makes more power.

Jason
What octane gas were the dyno runs and given gains done with? And if it was on 91, what would the gains on 93 be? Also, is it VIN specific or is it (same) vehicle swappable?
Old 01-17-2017, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
What octane gas were the dyno runs and given gains done with? And if it was on 91, what would the gains on 93 be? Also, is it VIN specific or is it (same) vehicle swappable?
As stated in the video we used the 91+ setting and ran 93 octane fuel which is what we have readily available in Ohio.

You can use it on any B9 A4 2.0T, one module is not specific to one vehicle or VIN.

Jason
Old 01-17-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

As stated in the video we used the 91+ setting and ran 93 octane fuel which is what we have readily available in Ohio.

You can use it on any B9 A4 2.0T, one module is not specific to one vehicle or VIN.

Jason
Sorry for that, didnt see the video when I was scrolling through the post so fast. Neuspeed has always been a little conservative in their tuning through the years. Never as much as others, but enough to support a gain.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I'd love to see a few videos of neuspeed showing a 0-60 or 40-100 or stuff like that. A 0-60 of the speedo would be perfect!! So I can compare it to my Racechip (though conditions and stuff would vary).
Old 01-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I'd love to see a few videos of neuspeed showing a 0-60 or 40-100 or stuff like that. A 0-60 of the speedo would be perfect!! So I can compare it to my Racechip (though conditions and stuff would vary).
Too many variables unless we made a video testing different brands side by side on the same day with the same vehicle.

Most products like this generate extremely similar outcomes as far as performance.

Jason
Old 01-17-2017, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Too many variables unless we made a video testing different brands side by side on the same day with the same vehicle.

Most products like this generate extremely similar outcomes as far as performance.

Jason
I know. I'm not looking for a comparison per se. You could just do a 0-60 without the module and another with the module.

I'm not looking at perfect conditions or time slips or anything I do have the tendency to get bored fast. So, once I become bored of the Racechip (which hopefully isn't anytime soon since I'm loving it), I might get a neuspeed or CW module if either provide better performance.

And then a tune a year or so down the line.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:04 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I know. I'm not looking for a comparison per se. You could just do a 0-60 without the module and another with the module.

I'm not looking at perfect conditions or time slips or anything I do have the tendency to get bored fast. So, once I become bored of the Racechip (which hopefully isn't anytime soon since I'm loving it), I might get a neuspeed or CW module if either provide better performance.

And then a tune a year or so down the line.
Appreciate the feedback, but it's highly unlikely we'll do a video like this.

Jason
Old 03-28-2017, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just about to get my 2017 s3 tuned stage 1 and heard that if flashed back to stock Audi won't ever know and nobody has been caught at dealer if it is set back to factory setting before taking it in, until a week ago the local dealer here flagged a car that had been tuned and then reset. Anybody have any experience or advice on this?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, if you are at all concerned about maintaining your warranty then steer clear of tunes. As you stated, flashing back guarantees nothing. If they're looking they'll still find it and potentially use it as a reason to deny repair coverage.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordanhemming18
I was just about to get my 2017 s3 tuned stage 1 and heard that if flashed back to stock Audi won't ever know and nobody has been caught at dealer if it is set back to factory setting before taking it in, until a week ago the local dealer here flagged a car that had been tuned and then reset. Anybody have any experience or advice on this?

Flashing back and forth has not been a proven way of avoiding TD1 (voided warranty). The advantages to this Neuspeed piggyback and others is that, unlike a flash, these can be easily and quickly (1-2 mins?) removed before taking it in to the dealer. A true tune will get you busted without a doubt.

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: Neuspeed Power Module | B9 A4 2.0T