A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Enable Video in Motion with OBDEleven?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Enable Video in Motion with OBDEleven?

I'm wondering if anyone has enabled Video in Motion with OBDEleven. There appears to be a script purchased with credits that will allow this. Also, would this enable VIM just for videos or would it also prevent motion lockout for reading texts, etc.?
Old 10-25-2016, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Several guys on Motortalk.de used OBDeleven for VIM, so I suppose it works. With VIM most of the speed related messages disappeared, at least for me after enabling it with VCP.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enabled it on my Q7. Once you purchase the VIM app, choose the VIM/SMS/Browser option. This unlocks text messaging and the Audi Connect viewing while driving as well. Very easy to do.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, I bought the 100 credits and chose the VIM/SMS/Browser option. It said "working" for about 30 seconds then I got a message saying, "Something went wrong. Please try again." When I try again it's telling me that I need to buy another 100 credits. I did verify that it didn't install. I guess I'll just contact the OBDEleven folks to see if they can sort it out.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Well, I bought the 100 credits and chose the VIM/SMS/Browser option. It said "working" for about 30 seconds then I got a message saying, "Something went wrong. Please try again." When I try again it's telling me that I need to buy another 100 credits. I did verify that it didn't install. I guess I'll just contact the OBDEleven folks to see if they can sort it out.
Let me know how that goes and whether or not you get it installed. I saw some other posts on other forums about the same issue.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So after paying for the device, you still have to pay credit to enable this feature? Can someone confirm that this can turn off the "Service Due" message on the dash? Thanks!
Old 10-25-2016, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014Q5
So after paying for the device, you still have to pay credit to enable this feature? Can someone confirm that this can turn off the "Service Due" message on the dash? Thanks!
If you want to use the apps in obdeleven, which are sort of like automated coding, then yes you have to purchase credits to do that. You can code it yourself though and you don't need any credits, you just have to know what parameters to change. I haven't seen the parameters to change anywhere for video, texts, etc however. That's not to say they aren't posted somewhere, I just have not found them.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go into the setting of the OBDELEVEN app and see if you are still logged in. This has only happened to me once, but when I started the app it was in non pro mode. I was trying to figure it out when it asked me for serial again, and that is when I noticed I was not logged in.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014Q5
The service reminder is just resetting some adaptation channels. I haven't tried in the B9 yet but it should be similar to SRI Reset Procedure - Ross-Tech Wiki (look at channel 41-44 or so). I'm pretty sure OBDeleven can do that without using any credits.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gguy
Let me know how that goes and whether or not you get it installed. I saw some other posts on other forums about the same issue.
OBDEleven customer service got back to me a couple of days after I emailed them. They credited me with the 100 credits I lost and asked me to try again, making sure that the engine wasn't running. When I tried again it installed perfectly. I have a feeling I had the engine running the first time.

I must say that between lane assist, automatic brights, front parking assist and VIM, OBDEleven may be the best $60 I've ever spent. Many thanks to Mitchfin for getting this whole thing started.

Quick Reply: Enable Video in Motion with OBDEleven?