A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Has Audi reached the perfect balance with the A4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Has Audi reached the perfect balance with the A4?

So, I thought I would throw this one out there. I've owned many cars, most recently a '13 Lexus GS F Sport and a '15 S5 Coupe, prior to my A4. For me, the A4 seems to be the perfect all-around car. It is quiet with low road noise, fast (especially in Sport mode) and nimble around the curves and corners. There is even talk on the BMW forums that the 3 Series has gotten softer while Audi has stepped up their game.

Also, the interior is top-notch, the tech is amazing and the B&O sound system is fantastic. It truly is one of the best all-around cars I've driven. Anyone else agree?

Last edited by dseag2; 10-26-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this review on Mashable he (Nick Jaynes) declared it the best car he has ever driven.

2017 Audi A4 epitomizes 21st century luxury [REVIEW]
Old 10-26-2016, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree. Audi has found the perfect blend of luxury and sport. The ride is quiet and smooth over bumps, but very capable when taking on curves. The interior layout is great as are the materials, fit and finish. On top of that, the virtual cockpit is a generation ahead of the A4s competitors.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This Audi is hands down everything I've wanted in my car within my price range. I'm breaking her in gently but I can't wait to try out sports mode to see how quick she really is. This is generations ahead of the B8. Zero regrets, I love my car! I love the virtual cockpit!
Old 10-26-2016, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok good so its not me, i think this car is amazing. Rides like butter, great efficiency, power at plenty when you feeling racy, beautiful and functional interior, I mean i know i was getting into an Audi, but this car blew my expectations out of the water. All my friends call it the space ship with the glow of the ambient light plus system and twin computer screens.ðŸ‘🇩🇪
Old 10-26-2016, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate threads like this because they influence me to want to take a test drive and dive in. No! I am one year away from paying off my IS250 and do not want to get into another car contract. A house is ontop of the list in two years and I don't want to get off path. So please, someone give the A4 a bad review so I stop drooling everytime I see one at the corner with it's wild LED lights lit up. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
I hate threads like this because they influence me to want to take a test drive and dive in. No! I am one year away from paying off my IS250 and do not want to get into another car contract. A house is ontop of the list in two years and I don't want to get off path. So please, someone give the A4 a bad review so I stop drooling everytime I see one at the corner with it's wild LED lights lit up. Thanks.

jajajaja
Old 10-27-2016, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SFV A4
You only live once!
Old 10-27-2016, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm going to agree - for all the reasons mentioned, Audi has nailed it in this segment. Quiet, fast, nimble, Bose system is best I have ever heard. My only quibbles would be personal, small but annoying - difficulty in the NAV system, having to repeat voice commands several times, etc., and I still think that MMI looks tacky and like and add on compared to the elegance of the built in screens. But again these are minor and personal quibbles, other will feel differently. My biggest issue and inherent in all such cars, after coming out of nothing but SUV's for the last 16 years, last two being the 14 Q5 and 16 Macan S, is just getting into and out of a way lower car and I almost always manage to scrape that sill.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
I'm going to agree - for all the reasons mentioned, Audi has nailed it in this segment. Quiet, fast, nimble, Bose system is best I have ever heard. My only quibbles would be personal, small but annoying - difficulty in the NAV system, having to repeat voice commands several times, etc., and I still think that MMI looks tacky and like and add on compared to the elegance of the built in screens. But again these are minor and personal quibbles, other will feel differently. My biggest issue and inherent in all such cars, after coming out of nothing but SUV's for the last 16 years, last two being the 14 Q5 and 16 Macan S, is just getting into and out of a way lower car and I almost always manage to scrape that sill.
Wow, did you sell the Macan or something to move onto this A4? That's crazy!

Also, the A4 has a Bose system? Is that the standard sound system?

Quick Reply: Has Audi reached the perfect balance with the A4?