A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

iPhone & Wifi Connection Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default iPhone & Wifi Connection Issues

Hey all

I've had my car a few days now and I'm trying to get all my settings just right. I'm having issues connecting to my wifi from my iPhone to the wifi in the car in order to use wifi audio and MMI connect app. I can connect to apple CarPlay and I can connect audio via Bluetooth.

I've tried using Bluetooth audio and it sounds terrible compared to wifi audio or hardwire connection. I got wifi audio to work one yesterday. Hasn't worked nor connected since than. Anyone know what this issue maybe?

The first picture is what I call my error message. I've turned off and on my wifi on my phone and I can get on my house network just fine with my phone. I've also used my old iPhone 3GS which I used as an iPod in my B8.

Last edited by Strife1013; 10-21-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strife1013
Hey all

I've had my car a few days now and I'm trying to get all my settings just right. I'm having issues connecting to my wifi from my iPhone to the wifi in the car in order to use wifi audio and MMI connect app. I can connect to apple CarPlay and I can connect audio via Bluetooth.

I've tried using Bluetooth audio and it sounds terrible compared to wifi audio or hardwire connection. I got wifi audio to work one yesterday. Hasn't worked nor connected since than. Anyone know what this issue maybe?

The first picture is what I call my error message. I've turned off and on my wifi on my phone and I can get on my house network just fine with my phone. I've also used my old iPhone 3GS which I used as an iPod in my B8.

Yo Blaze, i changed the password key on the mmi wifi and then i was able to connect. I believe you hit the plus key and the wifi settings should pop off on connection manager. Hope it helps, i cant get the audi connect remote access to my app. Thats the only thing so far.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Anasjua4
Yo Blaze, i changed the password key on the mmi wifi and then i was able to connect. I believe you hit the plus key and the wifi settings should pop off on connection manager. Hope it helps, i cant get the audi connect remote access to my app. That's the only thing so far.
Thanks Anasjua, I changed the Wifi password and still can't get the same message with my iPhone. I am going to the dealer this Saturday for the install of my stainless steel pedals so I'll ask my salesman about it. It's probably user error
Old 10-24-2016, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

So your old iPhone can connect but not your new iPhone?
Old 10-24-2016, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
So your old iPhone can connect but not your new iPhone?
My iPhone 6 (iOS 10.0.2) can connect via hardwire and connect via Bluetooth but it's having issues connecting via Wi-Fi for music streaming and MMI connect App options. My phone shows me that I am connected to the Wi-Fi but for some reason the MMI says "Please connect your Wi-Fi device to the Audi MMI. The network share and/or the Wi-Fi server must be active for playing music." (The first picture in my OP).

I find a huge difference in between Bluetooth music streaming and Wi-Fi. I was able to get it to connect only once and I didn't change any settings so I don't know what the issue is. Maybe I just need to reset the connection manager to factory settings and start over.

I'll just leave my old iPhone 3GS (which is now my iPod) out of the conversation as not to confuse anyone. Once this issue is figured out I'm sure my 3GS will be able to connect via WiFi is I decide I want to do that.

Last edited by Strife1013; 10-24-2016 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My iPhone 6 (iOS 10.0.2) can connect via hardwire and connect via Bluetooth but it's having issues connecting via Wi-Fi for music streaming and MMI connect App options. I find a huge difference in between Bluetooth music streaming and Wi-Fi. I was able to get it to connect only once and I didn't change any settings so I don't know what the issue is. Maybe I just need to reset the connection manager to factory settings and start over.

I'll just leave my old iPhone 3GS (which is now my iPod) out of the conversation as not to confuse anyone. Once this issue is figured out I'm sure my 3GS will be able to connect via WiFi is I decide I want to do that.
Is there any device that can connect to your car's Wifi? Just trying to figure out if it is car or phone related first.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Is there any device that can connect to your car's Wifi? Just trying to figure out if it is car or phone related first.
It worked once so I can't imagine it's my phone. I can try my wife's phone later today. And I edited my post that you replied to in order to provide a little bit more clarity.

My phone can connect to the Wi-Fi according to the phone and again I was able to get it to work once. Now I can't get it to work again. I didn't change anything.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Do you remember what day it worked last? Is the Google Earth working on your car? Just trying to make sure your trial was setup correctly.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Do you remember what day it worked last? Is the Google Earth working on your car? Just trying to make sure your trial was setup correctly.
It was Thursday that it worked. Google Earth has been up and running since I got my car Wednesday. I'll talk to the dealership about it on Saturday. It's just weird that's all. Can Bluetooth for voice and Wi-Fi for music be connected at the same time? The Audi MMI connect app that I downloaded from the Apple store works fine, I can lock and unlock my car, see it's status, and what not. o_0
Old 10-24-2016, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It was Thursday that it worked. Google Earth has been up and running since I got my car Wednesday. I'll talk to the dealership about it on Saturday. It's just weird that's all. Can Bluetooth for voice and Wi-Fi for music be connected at the same time? The Audi MMI connect app that I downloaded from the Apple store works fine, I can lock and unlock my car, see it's status, and what not. o_0
So your demo was setup correctly based on that info. Try shutting off bluetooth and see if Wifi music works, but I would think they could work together.

Quick Reply: iPhone & Wifi Connection Issues