A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Long rides - just for the pleasure

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Long rides - just for the pleasure

I was inspired by 2 threads - one here on AW - https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ronto-2917184/ and the one my next favorite forum - the Macan forum, which I won't send a link to.

Now I realize this is the A4 forum, not the S4, TT or other more "performance model" forums, but my question is - how many just get in their cars and drive - just for the sheer fun of it, with not necessarily a particular destination in mind? Usually done early on weekend mornings, before the crowds amass and spoil the fun. I am not a type of driver who loves those high speed runs - >85 mph (waaaaay too many highway troopers in my neck of the woods) nor the very twisty roads in the above link. Best I am right now looking forward is to enjoy the NY Interstate this Saturday - early am - about 100 miles heading North. There should be minimal traffic - just me in my Allroad cruising along at 80 or so, enjoying the handling of the car along with the music from that B & O radio.At times turning it off and just hearing that 4 banger hum. Most of you guys have more fun filled and nicer roads to run on, but again, any takers out there for a couple of hours of driving for the fun of it, connecting - so to speak with that 50k+ hunk of Germam engineering?
Old 03-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am one of those who drives just 'cuz. Even though I'm in the Toronto area, I am willing to drive for a while to get to some nicer roads. They are few and far between, but just driving even to get there is still mostly enjoyable. I've almost always had a sports car on the side for just such a purpose, but for the last four years or so the daily driver (now the A4) has been the better drive anyway, and the second car is just more for cruise nights or something to tinker with.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

10.51pm in Toronto. Just got home from a 35 minute cruise around quiet neighbourhoods with bends and turns, then opened her up a bit on the highway... clean the gunk so to speak.

Looking forward to finishing studying for an upcoming actuarial exam and then getting up north towards Algonquin Park. Stuff gets fun around there and beautiful... Can't wait.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I do that everytime. I take my car and drive down some route I've never been through. I drive for like 1-1.5 hrs. After reaching some place, I turn on the nav and find my way back home. So much fun. And the best part is that since I live far away from the city, I usually have empty roads with close to zero traffic where I can do some top speed runs, high speed curves etc.
Sometimes, I cruise at say 50-60mph, put on some nice music and just chill. And I make sure to take the A4 all the time. Idk why I still have the A7.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going on the I15 to Vegas from the OC this Saturday. Wife on the right and two kids in the back. Should be fun.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E.G. Pham
Going on the I15 to Vegas from the OC this Saturday. Wife on the right and two kids in the back. Should be fun.
Not sure if you have it on your car, but if so would be interested in your impressions of how the traffic light technology works in Vegas. I believe that's still the only place that has it available.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a 2017 Audi A4 P+ sport pack. Love the car so far especially the 19' wheels, B&O system, Android Auto, the black head-liner. and the new tech. My last car was a B7 S-Line. I don't currently have the traffic sign recognition yet. I am still waiting for our friend Mitch to crack the code.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't commute but have 5000 miles on my car over 5 months of ownership. Mostly from playing a game called Ingress. Does that count as driving for pleasure?

4000 miles from playing an online game
1000 miles from running errands and getting groceries (grocery store is just over 1 mile from our house )

I will actually be returning to work in a couple weeks, but it's mostly flying to/from different jobs and if there is any driving, it's with a rental car.

Last edited by acruxksa; 04-04-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

No, I have just shy of 4k miles on my 6-month old A4 because I don't commute. But I jump in the car to do errands anytime I can just to drive it, admire the interior, enjoy the B&0 sound system and "decompress". Love my A4!
Old 04-04-2017, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Have 7300 miles in just a tad over 3 months, mostly commuting but a couple 150-200 mile trips. love driving this car and it sure has made my commute much better. And the B&0 sound system is the cherry on top.

Last edited by pt22; 04-04-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Long rides - just for the pleasure