A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Map update...Next problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map update...Next problem

I have copied the map files to an SD card. The map update does not recognize that the card is installed. I also tried via USB, same problem.

There are two directories on the card: Mib1 and Mib2. Each has numerous sub-directories. Should I have prepared the card by manipulating the files before I insert it?
Old 01-19-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robA4fan
I have copied the map files to an SD card. The map update does not recognize that the card is installed. I also tried via USB, same problem.

There are two directories on the card: Mib1 and Mib2. Each has numerous sub-directories. Should I have prepared the card by manipulating the files before I insert it?
The first time I tried to install the update, I had the same problem as you. The system didn't recognize that the card was installed. I looked at the total size of the files on the SD card and saw that it was much smaller than the 10gb that it was supposed to be, so I downloaded the update from Audi again. This time the update was 12.2gb. I put the card back into the car, it was recognized and the update completed successfully.

Don't know if that's your problem, but you can give it a look. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My update totals about 10GB. Were there two directories on the card?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey. If I remember, there were 2 folders and 2 files totaling 12.2 GB. I had the same problem too. I downloaded it first directly to my USB, plugged it in and it didn't recognize my USB no matter what I did. So I downloaded it a second time, again directly, after changing the format to FAT32 (it didn't recognize exFAT). After changing the format, it worked fine.

What you could do is, copy everything to your computer, reformat USB to FAT32, copy everything back and try.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robA4fan
My update totals about 10GB. Were there two directories on the card?
These are the files on my SD card. My SD card is formatted as FAT32, and the total space used on the card is 12.2gb. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Map update...Next problem-update2.png  
Old 01-19-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lats118
These are the files on my SD card. My SD card is formatted as FAT32, and the total space used on the card is 12.2gb. Hope this helps.
I didn't have the .xml file in mine. But yes. Size and the rest of it was the same.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:33 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

When I updated mine, the first try, I copied the files to the SD card, and the car wouldn't recognize it.

Then I redownloaded it directly onto the SD card, and that time it worked. Not sure why.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
When I updated mine, the first try, I copied the files to the SD card, and the car wouldn't recognize it.

Then I redownloaded it directly onto the SD card, and that time it worked. Not sure why.
How were you able to download the files in Canada? In MyAudi I selected "individual country package" then Canada and the only file I get is: downloader-61212626262.jnlp which is only 8k in size.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yvantheterrible
How were you able to download the files in Canada? In MyAudi I selected "individual country package" then Canada and the only file I get is: downloader-61212626262.jnlp which is only 8k in size.

Thanks in advance.
The JNLP file is just a Java launcher file. You need to have Java installed, and use a browser that supports Java. I ran into the same issue - would not work on my Mac with Chrome but was able to download using Edge browser on Windows 10. I haven't actually performed the update yet, but at least it did download. FWIW, the download is quite slow.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by yvantheterrible

Thanks in advance.
Download java from the java website and run this 8kb file using java

I used google to search what kind of program was needed to run .jlnp and followed the procedure.

Quick Reply: Map update...Next problem