A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Odd electrical gremlins? Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd electrical gremlins? Anyone else?

I have had a few electrical gremlins/ glitches/ or whatever you want to call them... so i thought id see if anyone else had them too.

1.) My folding mirrors used to fold up as soon as i touch the lock... nice and smooth. After having dabbled with OBDeleven, they now kind of "studder" before they fold. (I did not tweak anything related to mirrors, but i did play around with the double beep on lock mod). The "studder" doesn't appear to have any negative effect, but it is driving me nuts that it changed, and i don't know why. Those who have done the double beep OBDeleven mod... how do your folding mirrors act on lock?

2.) On may way into the dealer to get the coolant leak checked out, my locks kept locking every time i accelerated and got past 20km/h (or there about). Not only that, but i heard what appeared to be the parking brake attempting to disengage (even though it wasn't on... however auto hold was).

Every stop light, every intersection, etc... i would accelerate and hear the locks click in attempt to lock, and that sound. Never happened before today. The dealer wasnt open when i arrived, so i restarted the car, and drove around, but the sound had disappeared.

I didnt have OBDeleven on me, so i couldnt scan. Mentioned it to the dealer... They said they carried out a "GFF and found no faults logged for the central locking system, and no bulletins from Audi."

Anyone else had either of these weird experiences.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

You sure you are driving an Audi? Just kidding. Man, I feel your pain. First coolant over flow then those odd braking behavior now. Hope your dealer will completely take care of that for you.

Last edited by minmet; 02-13-2017 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Regarding #2. This happened to me a few times, check if the red light on the lock buttons on doors lights up at that time, most likely it was not.

I had to stop, open the door, close it again and then it would lock normally.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My back driver side window lowers about an inch sometimes when I power on the car. Not sure why that is. The computer detected a fault and the dealership cleared it. Now just waiting to see if it happens again
Old 02-13-2017, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

My iPod plays fine 99% of the time, then every so often I will get a message when I start the car saying "No Device Connected". I pull out the plug, plug it back in, and everything is okay again. Still a nuisance.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My iPhone acts that way connecting to my iMac

My experience with my iPhone connecting to iTunes on my iMac computer: it does the same thing once in awhile.

I also get random "failed to connect" errors when plugging in my iPhone to iTunes on my Windows box.

So I'm not convinced the problem is on the Audi side.

USB connectivity is not perfect.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same issues with my iPhone not connecting occasionally.

I also have found that washing the car with the key in my pocket leads to random chirps and the doors automatically locking. On one occasion, the alarm even activated.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Same iPhone issue's with occasional problems. I also had one of my back windows roll down a touch when starting the car until I realized that I was hitting one of the rear windows buttons on the door when I was closing it, causing that to happen. No problems since then.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gguy
Same iPhone issue's with occasional problems. I also had one of my back windows roll down a touch when starting the car until I realized that I was hitting one of the rear windows buttons on the door when I was closing it, causing that to happen. No problems since then.
Thanks for the heads up. I might need to pay more attention to that.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by drewba
I also have found that washing the car with the key in my pocket leads to random chirps and the doors automatically locking. On one occasion, the alarm even activated.
There is an easy solution for that. Leave the key somewhere inside the car while you are washing it. The doors will never lock that way.

Quick Reply: Odd electrical gremlins? Anyone else?