A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Placed order for a B9!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen nougat in person and while not as dark (chocolate) brown as what was on the builder at their site it did not appear to be orange to me. Maybe somewhere in between? The color is also available on the Q7 and A6. Your dealer might have one these with this color interior that you can see.

This pic is what I remember it looking like:

Last edited by Nullman; 05-03-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For this still curious about Gotland Green and Nougat Brown, here are some decent photos of the combination:
Providence, RI 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Premium New Sedan New Bedford, MA Taunton, MA Mattie Imports, Inc | 17012 | WAUANAF42HN015309

I just asked my dealer if they can change mine to the sport package with 19" wheels and black interior because I want to reduce the wheel gap and decided I prefer the black interior after all.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zillerkaz
For this still curious about Gotland Green and Nougat Brown, here are some decent photos of the combination:
Providence, RI 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Premium New Sedan New Bedford, MA Taunton, MA Mattie Imports, Inc | 17012 | WAUANAF42HN015309

I just asked my dealer if they can change mine to the sport package with 19" wheels and black interior because I want to reduce the wheel gap and decided I prefer the black interior after all.
Sport package with 19s is where it's at! The wheels actually look really good with the lowered suspension and the design grows on you but the wheels in motion is where they look the best, as they should!
Old 07-29-2016, 09:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Car arrived!

(Please excuse any typos, I submitted this on my phone!).

So my order arrived and I must say that I am thrilled with the car overall. It's really hard to baby it right now but I am trying to follow the suggestions regarding the breakin period in the manual. I can't really say much about the adaptive dampers yet but I took some freeway off ramp turns pretty fast and the thing felt like it was on rails. The standard all season tires are definitely the weak link in the system and I'll replace those with something better when they wear.

I'll post some not so great pictures for now from the dealership. It's really hard to capture Gotland green and Nougat effectively but I love the combo and have received many compliments already. In fact everyone loves the look except for my wife. 😂

I think we are all aware of the pros with this car, so I'll just list the few cons that I have discovered so far.

1. Although I like CarPlay (and it is much improved with iOS 10), it doesn't work as well with the Audi controls as it would with a touch screen. I think this is a combination of manufacturers needing to do a better job and Apple acknowledging from a design standpoint that some cars won't utilize touch. It's as if we need a touch and physical control UI. For example, navigating maps in CarPlay is great with touch on my other car but getting to the menu you want is awkward on the Audi, primarily because sometimes you scroll (with no loop back at the end) and other times you toggle to joystick, when you would expect to scroll.

2. I wish Audi allowed us to choose the MMI interface via USB OR CarPlay/Android auto instead of forcing USB users to utilize the third party systems. I don't want to use Bluetooth most of the time because the media/folder interface is weaker than USB methods traditionally and I can detect the difference in audio quality. My other car allows me to switch between CarPlay and the head unit UI even with USB and this seems like a simple change for Audi to make.

3. Awkward exchanges between MMI, virtual cockpit and and CarPlay. For example, when I used MMI voice to get directions with maps active in the cockpit, the main MMI screen also switched to maps even though CarPlay was active. MMI has some awareness of CarPlay (I.e in MMI maps you can toggle the joystick down to see your CarPlay media state but you can't click that to enter CarPlay).

4. There's no easy way to switch between MMI and CarPlay, you have to go to the main menu and scroll to CarPlay (and it doesn't remember your place either). My other car has a physical mode button that quickly swaps between CarPlay and the head unit UI.

5. Love the surround view but wish I could set the default camera to be full front and full rear instead of fisheye corner front/rear views. Also miss the parallel parking view on my Q50, which gave you a perfect full side view of a curb instead of just the corners of your car in relation to the curb.

6. Having a hard time adjusting the seat and steering wheel height such that I can see the turn signal indicator lights above then virtual cockpit. I think putting those below the virtual cockpit or in the British cockpit screen would have been ideal.

7. Not a complaint (yet) but it will become one of Audi does not adopt the best iOS 10 CarPlay features yet. Specifically, the newfound support of secondary cockpit displays and wireless CarPlay. I'm more interested in seeing CarPlay in the virtual cockpit but since we already have wifi in the car, I would think wireless CarPlay should be simple to implement unless there is a HW oversight with the car.

Overall: none of these are deal breakers and are true first world problems. The car is a 9/10 in my book!

The green looks great, sometimes very green and other times it can almost appear to be gray.

Awaiting my fix it ticket...

Doesn't capture the actual color of nougat, it is much darker and very much a brown, almost a chocolate brown.

Again, doesn't capture nougat correctly at all. Lighting condidtions were not ideal though.

The kick to open the trunk is easier than I thought. It's really a kick instead of a side swing that I had to use on my BMW.

Last edited by zillerkaz; 07-29-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car looks great man, first green Audi I've seen! How long from order to your hands did it take? I think over the course of the next few years Apple will improve AppleCar play as this seems like a popular feature going forward. Do wish it worked over Bluetooth! Wonder if that can be done in the feature with a new iphone of it's a car issue?!?
Old 07-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zillerkaz
Hey all, just placed an order for a B9! This will be my first Audi and I'm really looking forward to it. I ordered a prestige quattro with cold/warm weather, driver assistance, adaptive suspension, gotland green, nougat brown and the gray oak inlays. ETA is August and I was able to get it with supplier pricing, which seems pretty good right now for an order.

I'm slightly nervous about the colors as there aren't any locally to see in person with that combo but I'm just going to take a chance with since I'd like it to be a bit unique. I still have (limited) time to change it though and am wrestling with the sport vs. adaptive suspension as well.

It won't be arriving until August so unfortunately I'll have to be satisfied with reading about all of the experiences here. If any of you have feedback on Gotland Green, Nougat and sport vs. adaptive, I'd love to hear it.

I have a Premium Plus with Nougat brown and gray oak inlays. I too could not see the combination in person before ordering my car, but I have to say you will not be disappointed! I love the interior more and more every time I get in the car. the brown against the black and grey really pops (in a good way) I have sport package and love it. I almost got the prestige to get the ADS too, but opted out based on the price and how much longer it would take to get the car.

The Gotland green will look good, and you won't see many cars with that interor/exterior combo. My dealer told me audi is only special making cars with that interior combo for the next few months.. aka you won't see a bunch sitting on a lot or driving around.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Blaze Henryson
Car looks great man, first green Audi I've seen! How long from order to your hands did it take? I think over the course of the next few years Apple will improve AppleCar play as this seems like a popular feature going forward. Do wish it worked over Bluetooth! Wonder if that can be done in the feature with a new iphone of it's a car issue?!?
Thanks!

I think the order was placed in late March and arrived last weekend (so ~3.5 months).

Re: Carplay, some of that is up to Apple but some of it is up to Audi/others as well. The wireless part is a bit murky because technically that was made available with iOS 9 but I don't know much beyond that (whether it is an adoption issue or if Apple is preventing the use of wireless carplay). iOS 10 definitely added support for carplay in the secondary dash (cockpit area) so this seems like a golden opportunity for Audi to help us B9 owners out
Old 07-29-2016, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just a guess here, but I think in the future we will see 3rd party aftermarket wireless CarPlay adapters. Think about it.... If the car can do CarPlay with USB, then it would seem somewhat simple to have an aftermarket adapter that can convert that signal to wireless, and your iPhone would not know the difference. Just like how they have aftermarket Bluetooth adapters for cars with an AUX port in their radio.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My initial feel of my B9 was very similar to yours. I too had a lot of Carplay concerns, but honestly, I don't even use it now...at all. I find the in-car navigation of the MMI to actually be superior and has the added benefit of cleaner support within both screens (especially the VC). I've actually gone in and disabled the Smartphone option for my phone so I can use the USB for charging or playback without bringing up the interface. I'm sure as Carplay matures my opinion will change.

Also, I too am annoyed by the turn signal indicators. I feel like I have to raise the steering wheel a bit higher than I would prefer just keep them visible, or lower my seat, which is essentially the same thing. They should be on the far left/right at the central level of the VC.

The only other two things I don't like (which I don't think you mentioned) are the cup holders (both size and placement), and the lack of storage. I love the car otherwise and all of these complaints are nitpicks at best.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I actually love CarPlay, particularly for the media interface but also for other things (maps are weak in iOS 9 though but are much improved in iOS 10 (as well as other things).

You're saying that if you disable the smart phone interface, you can still use the MMI media interface over USB? My understanding was that if you connect a phone via USB, it looks you out of the MMI media UI but if you use Bluetooth, you get access to that media UI.

Quick Reply: Placed order for a B9!