A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Rain Triggering Hazard Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Went to the dealer this morning and showed the service advisor the TSB.. I watched the tech upgrade the software and was surprised that he hooked his a laptop directly to the ecu in the engine bay. I assumed all software uploads and downloads were done through the OBDII port. None the less software was upgraded not just reset. I was in and out in 30 minutes.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 02-23-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had mine done last week....a total of about an hour and a half, including a wash. Any idea if anything else was upgraded/changed?
Old 02-24-2017, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks again for the poster who put the TSB up here! Very much appreciated. Dealer asked how i knew the TSB number!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This update also corrected a related issue where the car would intermittently not chirp/beef upon locking.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

So I had finished washing my car yesterday and was drying it. And when I was drying it, the hazards started to hyper flash (car was locked and keys were inside the house). I mean. No problems when I was drenching it with water and stuff. But I dried it using my leaf blower and I was drying the rear bumper (below the. Right tail lamp) and it started to hyper flash. Got the key from inside the house and unlocked and locked it again to stop it hyperflashing. Dried it again and same thing happened. Guess I need to take it in for the software update.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Guess I need to take it in for the software update.
It took four months of weekly washing's and more than a couple of torrential rain storms for the problem to surface on my car.

Look at the up side. By going to the dealer your building a nice rapport with your service adviser. Because you own an Audi you'll eventually even know him on a first name basis because you'll be in the service dept so often. When I had a Lexus I didn't even know who my service advser was. I never met him in three years of ownership.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 03-07-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
It took four months of weekly washing's and more than a couple of torrential rain storms for the problem to surface on my car.

Look at the up side. By going to the dealer your building a nice rapport with your service adviser. Because you own an Audi you'll eventually even know him on a first name basis because you'll be in the service dept so often. When I had a Lexus I didn't even know who my service advser was. I never met him in three years of ownership.
He he. I've owned Audis since 2013 and yet, I've been to the svc centre only once, for the 10k mile service on the A6. I guess I'll take the A4 in for this issue and maybe the airbag thing too, when I get the letter.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is raining cars and dogs today... and my car is doing this. Time for the first trip to yhe dealer.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After yesterday's display of lights in the parking lot, my coworkers are calling my car "Knight Rider".
The following users liked this post:
EYETEC (05-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2017, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't mean to necropost, but I have this same issue as well. Twice now I've seen my hazards flashing fast in the rain. I captured some (terrible quality) video tonight, and I'll calll my dealer in the morning to schedule a service visit. Hopefully with the video and the TSB number they will update the software and fix it.

I've also noticed the occasional lack of chirp when I lock the car, so maybe I'll get a two for one.

Quick Reply: Rain Triggering Hazard Lights?