A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Turned High Beam Assist on my Premium Plus

Old 10-04-2016, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

It would be great if they offered a "lite" DAP which just includes the camera based functions (traffic sign recognition, high beam assist, and lane keep assist). I could see people paying $800-$1000 if that was an option.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
It would be great if they offered a "lite" DAP which just includes the camera based functions (traffic sign recognition, high beam assist, and lane keep assist). I could see people paying $800-$1000 if that was an option.
for sure, and offing it after the fact would be even better, its working for Tesla.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Yeah, Id be happy to help out.
Very cool. Thanks. I think I'll hang back for a bit and see how lane assist and sign recognition go. Then it might be time for wifey and me to take a trip to Jersey.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Strife1013
Audi should just give us the ability to use it since it's built in there. It's so stupid that they try and hide it or make it part of a package that has nothing to do with that ability.

If our car can do it why can't we have it?!? I like the read traffic signs and high beam assist but I didn't want to spend $1800 for that.
$$$$$$$
Old 10-04-2016, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
I would have paid a little extra for those features. I just never use cruise control let alone adaptive cruise control which is why I skipped out on DAP which is the main reason why people get it. I'm a pretty aggressive driver so I do a lot of lane switching in and out of traffic. Sitting back and going with the flow isn't really my thing.

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
$$$$$$$
True dat!! I've already paid for features twice over like the ventilated sports seats (warm weather and sports package).
Old 10-04-2016, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would have paid a little extra for those features. I just never use cruise control let alone adaptive cruise control which is why I skipped out on DAP which is the main reason why people get it. I'm a pretty aggressive driver so I do a lot of lane switching in and out of traffic. Sitting back and going with the flow isn't really my thing.

True dat!! I've already paid for features twice over like the ventilated sports seats (warm weather and sports package).
Preach! I'm the same driver I've never used cruise control in this car. That's why it's nice that you can enable these.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you found the code that allows the bottom LED to stay on when the turn signal is on? Apparently in the US that is a NO NO but it's enabled in Europe.

Those four coding changes are the ones I want.
Bottom LED stays on when turn signal is on, traffic sign recognition, lane assist and high beam assist.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Have you found the code that allows the bottom LED to stay on when the turn signal is on? Apparently in the US that is a NO NO but it's enabled in Europe.

Those four coding changes are the ones I want.
Bottom LED stays on when turn signal is on, traffic sign recognition, lane assist and high beam assist.
I don't think anyone has, the lighting is trickier in the B9 but its also still really early on.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
It is all 3, the first two of both of our coding is the same but the final MMI switch is what activates it.
Are you guys using VCDS for this? I cant find any of these codes in my VAGCom the way you wrote them.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

I you are using VCDS 16.8 or newer those should be under adaptation (10). I haven't had the time to check theses values (and the VZE options) in my car, so I don't know if VCDS can actually do this. Many on Motor-talk.de have switched to VCP or as cheaper alternative to OBDeleven since the latter can do almost everything that the more expensive VCP can do at a fraction of the cost. Hopefully I will find some time this weekend to see what VCDS can do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turned High Beam Assist on my Premium Plus