Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same issue. Got four new tires.
Here is my thread about it.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ation-2911931/
Old 01-25-2017, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Happy Ending

Monday, I contacted my sales person. I told her the story and provided a link to this thread. She immediately contacted the service department and directed them to replace the tires. I dropped the car off Monday night and picked it up last night. They put 4 new Continental tires on it. I'm very happy and now know how the car should run SMOOOOOTH. It was also totally detailed (clean) when I picked it up.

Anyone getting serious about buying a new A4, I strongly suggest taking the car you will buy out on the highway (65-75mph) to see if the Pirelli's are flat spotted. Have them change the tires BEFORE you take delivery.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stzomah
Monday, I contacted my sales person. I told her the story and provided a link to this thread. She immediately contacted the service department and directed them to replace the tires. I dropped the car off Monday night and picked it up last night. They put 4 new Continental tires on it. I'm very happy and now know how the car should run SMOOOOOTH. It was also totally detailed (clean) when I picked it up.

Anyone getting serious about buying a new A4, I strongly suggest taking the car you will buy out on the highway (65-75mph) to see if the Pirelli's are flat spotted. Have them change the tires BEFORE you take delivery.
I had this issue and Audi came back saying that I have two bent rims. Not sure how the rims got bent, but since the tire protection package is the ONE thing I didn't purchase extra for my A4, they wanted me to cough up the dough for the new rims.

I've got an appointment at a wheel shop on Friday to get my two rims fixed. Total cost $260 vs $1800 (for rim replacement).
Old 01-25-2017, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Isn't there any warranty in the rims even if you don't get a tyre protection package?
Old 02-04-2017, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stzomah
I picked up my A4 on Dec 22. On the ride home on the highway, I felt a vibration around 68-75. I immediately contacted the dealership and was set up for a service appointment the following week. The vibration felt like rotational wheel balancing or bad tire issues.

They told me that 2 of the tires were out of balance and gave me the car back in 1 day. I drove it home and it felt a little better but still had a noticeable vibration. I contacted them again and dropped it off for service again. They contacted me and said that they will use "Road Force Balancing" to investigate. They called me and said that 2 of the tires had "flat spots". I asked to have them replaced but the manager said "we have to complete a full procedure before that can happen". He told me that they "re-indexed" the tires on the rims (broke the bead and spun the tire around on the rim to make it balance better). I don't know how that fixes flat spots but they are the experts!... I Picked the car up last Tues and again its slightly better. Now I notice there was some vibration at slower speeds, I can tell now that it's gone! At the 68-75 range, vibration is still there.

Another thought: I read some posts about low RPM bogging vibration emanating from the DSG. The RPM is around 1500 then goes to about 1800 at that speed range. When I let off the pedal, I still feel the vibration (coasting). I had a DSG in my 2012 Jetta TDI, that ran very smoothly. I have always worked on my cars and I'm an Engineer, my gut is telling me it's the tires/wheels.

Has there been any reports of bad batches of tires on the 2017 A4's? Are they prone to flat spotting? Do they have other issues? I now need to make an appointment to go to the dealership during the day (take off from work) so I can drive the car with the service manager. I have a 1000 miles on the car now. I would like to see new (different mfr) tires on the car.

I'm very frustrated and it's ruining my experience buying this very expensive car. I read this forum and hear how smooth this car is... I'm not experiencing it. Even the A4 provided as a loaner (probably the same production run) has some vibration in that zone but none near what I have in my car. You can actually feel your body vibrating in the seat!

The manager was out sick yesterday, I'm about to call him again..

Thanks for any comments or suggestions,

Wayne
Wow, my story is almost exactly the same for my 2017 A3 prestige+ sport package. I picked up my car and with less than 200 miles I told the dealer there was a vibration around 70+mph. They told me to drive it another 100 to see if it goes away, explaining there may be flat spots on the tires. The problem was still there. I brought it back again and they balanced the tires and said it was fixed. The problem was still there and they told me the tech could not find a problem. I brought it back again and told them to give it to another tech since the problem was still there. This time they told me the car had high road force and they would get me new perelli tires. They replaced 3 of the four tires and it still has the same vibration! Also the loaner a3 they gave me had the same vibration but worse. I just talked to the sales manager and told him I'm dropping off the car Monday morning and to please fix my car or refund my money so I can buy a car that works. I am so frustrated, to this day I have never driven an Audi that runs properly. I want my VW 2010 Golf back!!!! The ride was like a smooth slot car.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Everyone so far has mentioned the Pirelli tires. Does anyone with the vibrations have Hankooks? My A4 rides smooth as air on the Hankooks, and it had been sitting on a dealer's lot for a while before I had my dealer order it.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Talk to your sales person

I went round and round (like a tire!) with the service guys. Had to get a hold of my sales person. She kicked butt and got them to replace the tires (continentals). The car is great now! Good luck to you..
Old 02-04-2017, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just dropped my car off at the dealer today again for this (second time). I spoke with the service manager and let her know what was going on and mentioned how many others were having problems with Pirelli tires.. she said they have to go through the whole process with Audi to get them replaced but will try to get that done for me asap. Hopefully it fixes the issue, I'll let you guys know.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Thats odd, I hope it gets figured out. I have not normally liked Pirelli tires on my cars but this one rides so friggin smooth. I took a buddy out in my car(and let him drive it) and hes a die hard Bimmer lover. He couldnt get over how it felt like it was just floating over the road it was so smooth. This was even hitting speeds in triple digits(on a closed course obviously). And no, we werent on our way to getting a haircut.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
And no, we werent on our way to getting a haircut.
Why not? Drive as fast as you want to have a five star haircut or a five star date. As long as you don't complain about the car. Rather praise about it to get you there fast and smooth. LOL

Quick Reply: Vibration 68-75 MPH