A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Vibration 68-75 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Pirelli Cinturato P7 are just...trash if the car gets to sit weeks without moving. Mine sat at the dealer 6 months, got the car on a saturday and following wednesday had 4 replacement tires put on (same Pirelli's) car was smooth, so my guess they are only good if driven often, otherwise they develop flat spots.

When I purchased the OEM 19' wheels I decided to buy Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires instead of the Hankook's recomended by Audi. I wanted quality and smoothness after lowering the car.

My recomendation again for the people suffering with their dealerships and BS is to call corporate, guide them to this forum or the ones on AudiZine about the same issue and they will deliver. This is an issue so popular that you only know about the cases that people post here, but I'm sure there hundreds of others out there with the same issue that have reported the same problem.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorsantana
Pirelli Cinturato P7 are just...trash
Yup. I've never had any good luck with Pirelli tires. With the number of complaints about the same issue and same tire, I really hope Audi is paying attention and will choose a different brand for their tires.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by savi01
Yup. I've never had any good luck with Pirelli tires. With the number of complaints about the same issue and same tire, I really hope Audi is paying attention and will choose a different brand for their tires.
Whats funny is, for the past (almost decade) only the S models came with Pirelli tires. All the regular models had a mix of Continental, Michelin, and Bridgestone tires. However, it looks like Pirelli locked in a bigger contract to supply tires to Audi now. Oddly enough, the new Pirelli PZero All Season Plus tires are the highest rated all season tires on TireRack, beating out the Conti DWS 06 and Mich Pilot Sport A/S3+.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

These Pirelli P7's are more expensive than the Mich P.S. A/S 3+ as well, but I seriously doubt this is a better tire. My MB C300 had the PZero All Seasons when I bought it, and they were nothing great; loud if anything. I've heard nothing but great things about the DWS' and from experience the A/S 3+ are great.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

These Pirelli P7's are more expensive than the Mich P.S. A/S 3+ as well, but I seriously doubt this is a better tire. My MB C300 had the PZero All Seasons when I bought it, and they were nothing great; loud if anything. I've heard nothing but great things about the DWS' and from experience the A/S 3+ are great.
How old is your C300? These new Pirelli's just got released this past summer. I had the DWS 06 and the A/S 3+ on my different S6's/ The Mich wore out way too fast. The DWS 06 was much improved over the old DWS and I would go with them again. Although, I would try the new Pirellis based on the performance test on Tirerack.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
How old is your C300? These new Pirelli's just got released this past summer. I had the DWS 06 and the A/S 3+ on my different S6's/ The Mich wore out way too fast. The DWS 06 was much improved over the old DWS and I would go with them again. Although, I would try the new Pirellis based on the performance test on Tirerack.
2008, but the previous owner had put Pirelli's on it; not the newest ones of course, so I'm sure they have been improved. Just looked at the performance test results on TireRack -- the PZero Plus definitely did get a lot of praise.

So is the Cinturato P7 tire our A4's come with too soft or so, to be having such flat spot issues?
Old 02-05-2017, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So is the Cinturato P7 tire our A4's come with too soft or so, to be having such flat spot issues?
To be honest, there are so many factors in how a tire can get a flatspot; Weather, length of time sitting, accurate inflation to spec etc. When I worked at the dealership and grabbed a new car for a test drive that was sitting on the lot for a bit, it was guaranteed to vibrate. Typically a good run at highway speeds would have the tires round out by the end of the test drive. That being said, it sometimes took a couple test drives to completely remove the vibration.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Regarding flat spots

I've been driving my new car for about 1000 miles now at highway speeds and it still vibrates with these Perelli tires, after they've been replaced once and each road force balanced. I told the dealer to fix my car or refund my money, since I've brought it in for times for the same problem and they can't seem to fix it. It angers me that the dealership releases the car back to me without fixing the problem !!
Old 02-06-2017, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

All I can say is keep pressure on the dealer and use your sales person. My car rides great now and I'm really enjoying it. I was on I-95 this morning just south of the DE line and cruising at almost 90 (keeping with traffic by the way!) and it felt like being on a cloud! I had a month of regret wondering if I really made a mistake buying this car. It's all in the past now that it's fixed. So much car to love but the tires ruined it for me. Where the "rubber meets the road"....
Old 02-06-2017, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The dealer just called me and is requesting approval from Audi to put on a different brand of tires. I will keep you posted and thanks for the encouragement!

Quick Reply: Vibration 68-75 MPH