A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Couple issues after jump start. Window and Top

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple issues after jump start. Window and Top

Dead battery after leaving the lights on overnight in garage. So not really thinking and going off of instinct I gave it a jump start. Had some issues that after researching was able to sort out such as programming key, flashing caution lights, and the traction control light. However there are two issues still that I haven't been able to sort out.

1. The rear quarter window behind the drivers seat no longer does anything when either button is pressed on my window control panel. When all windows down is pressed, all but that one goes down. When working them independently the all work accept for that one. No noise or nothing can be heard and it worked before the dead battery.

2. Soft top unable to be used error message. Now I'm thinking it could be because the battery isn't charges as I've done some digging and I hear that this can happen after a dead battery so I'm giving this one some time to see if it works itself out and maybe the window is under the same umbrella IDK. I also know that when I put the top down all the windows drop a couple inches and since my rear window isn't working then maybe that's why as well. I am leaning towards the battery needing charged but just thought I'd toss that scenario out there for thought.

Anyways, does anyone have any further thoughts that I might be overlooking? Thanks David
Old 07-20-2014, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok, so I noticed a 3rd issue. The alarm no longer seem to activate when I lock the doors with the remote.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

UPDATE: After driving the car the day after the dead battery issue for an equivalent of about 3 hours the items started working. First the alarm, then the window (which I still find odd that only one window was affected) and finally the top. I'm not sure but are all of these items part of the CCM?

I suspect that the battery just needed to be charged more for the vehicle to fully operate at 100%. Everything seems to be fine at this time.

I've read a lot over the last 24hrs about battery disconnects and jumps and for anyone who is reading and experiencing this situation for the first time just be patient and know that weird things can happen. I was fortunate that nothing major happened but I'll be a little more cautious if it ever happens again.