A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Left side turn signals don't work--right side does....Relay location?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left side turn signals don't work--right side does....Relay location?

All--I have a 2004 Audi A4 Quattro Cabriolet 3.0 6-cyl [B6] and the left turn signal (neither front or rear) will work, but the right side turn signals work and the emergency flashers work. When the flashers are on, the left side signals light up, so i know that the bulbs are fine in both. I saw that there is no fuse for the B6 and the relay for the B6 is not the same for the B5 (Note: The B5 is a simple repair--just take out the emergency flasher unit from the dashboard with a small flathead screwdriver and either clean the contacts or pay under $50 (incl. shipping) for the new relay from a reputable online vendor.]

I would like to locate the turn signal relay for the B6 and try to either clean the contacts or replace the unit, if need be. Any help would be most appreciated--THX!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

Alldatadiy.com has symptom related information that could assist in your search for the answers. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Really? I need a simple location identified.....not an ad! Good grief! Can anyone help--please?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you get this fixed? Having same problem. Also, now saying brake light on my dash indicator
Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snakelegs
All--I have a 2004 Audi A4 Quattro Cabriolet 3.0 6-cyl [B6] and the left turn signal (neither front or rear) will work, but the right side turn signals work and the emergency flashers work. When the flashers are on, the left side signals light up, so i know that the bulbs are fine in both. I saw that there is no fuse for the B6 and the relay for the B6 is not the same for the B5 (Note: The B5 is a simple repair--just take out the emergency flasher unit from the dashboard with a small flathead screwdriver and either clean the contacts or pay under $50 (incl. shipping) for the new relay from a reputable online vendor.]

I would like to locate the turn signal relay for the B6 and try to either clean the contacts or replace the unit, if need be. Any help would be most appreciated--THX!
Were you able to get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Now, the brake light indicator is also showing up on my dash.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audicabrio303
Did you get this fixed? Having same problem. Also, now saying brake light on my dash indicator
I have not (yet) received an answer from this forum (or any other I have posted this issue on). To confirm, we are also seeing the 'BRAKE' message pop up as well....it pops up intermittently. We have a short time before we have to get the car inspected and it will, obviously, not pass its inspection without left turn signals. Honestly, I would have thought that at least one of the two Audi forums would have had this one nailed by now. Can anyone locate the turn signal relay for a 2004 Audi A4 (B6) Quattro Cabriolet 3.0L?? Anyone? I even bought a Haynes manual and even that didn't help with this issue--not at all! Your help is most appreciated! Thank you!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have not (yet) received an answer from this forum (or any other I have posted this issue on). To confirm, we are also seeing the 'BRAKE' message pop up as well....it pops up intermittently. We have a short time before we have to get the car inspected and it will, obviously, not pass its inspection without left turn signals. Honestly, I would have thought that at least one of the two Audi forums would have had this one nailed by now. Can anyone locate the turn signal relay for a 2004 Audi A4 (B6) Quattro Cabriolet 3.0L?? Anyone? I even bought a Haynes manual and even that didn't help with this issue--not at all! Your help is most appreciated! Thank you!
Did you get this resolved? After some time all of the running lights on the driver side stopped working, headlight included. I had to have a direct line wired to the lights for them to work.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry to necro this thread but I have been searching everywhere to find a solution and still haven't found it. This is one of those threads I've stumbled upon.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Problem resolved, but it took a mechanic to do it...

Originally Posted by Chavez Jose
Sorry to necro this thread but I have been searching everywhere to find a solution and still haven't found it. This is one of those threads I've stumbled upon.

ALL--This problem was resolved by taking it to Dave Planakis from Capitol Car Care, Stafford, Virginia. Dave fixed it for us, although we can't remember exactly what he had to do to fix it. The next tie we see him, we'll ask and re-post. THX!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ALL--This problem was resolved by taking it to Dave Planakis from Capitol Car Care, Stafford, Virginia. Dave fixed it for us, although we can't remember exactly what he had to do to fix it. The next tie we see him, we'll ask and re-post. THX!
Hi There,
I know this is an old post. However, I couldn't find any other post about this issue. That being said, any update about how this to be solved. My 2008 A4 has the same issue, I tried to remove the flasher switch and even without the switch the same problem exists. should I still go ahead and replace the switch???