A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

New to me 2004 A4 Cabriolet 1.8T Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me 2004 A4 Cabriolet 1.8T Problems

Hey everyone, this is my first post, though I've been browsing for the past week. I just bought a 2004 A4 Cabriolet 1.8T with some problems.

The engine and transmission seem to be holding up well, so I have no issues with that. The problems start with all the electronics in the car.

I cannot take the keys out of the ignition. I bought it this way. I got it at an auction where the car had to be jumpstarted for me to drive it home. That night I couldn't turn it on again so I purchased a new battery and that's been doing well but the key is still stuck in the ignition. I have no clue what to do to get it out. Good thing I can keep it in the garage...

Next, I can't open the convertible top. Whenever I try to open it, nothing happens other than a yellow light blinking that I think is the convertible top light.

The windows do not work as well. The drivers side is all the way down while the passenger side is 3/4 of the way down. They are stuck there. I'm not sure if it's a regulator because I hear nothing whenever I press window buttons.

I can not open the trunk either. Not from the button inside, nor from the button on the trunk. I can't check to see if the key will open it because the key is stuck in the ignition.

I'm also missing the fuse panel cover, I was just wondering if the fuse panel cover is interchangeable with the non convertible models as well as other interior plastic trim pieces?

There is also a light that is always on. It's a triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle I think and an arrow around it.

The locks do work after having replaced the battery.

So I want to know if all these problems are related or if I have to tackle one at a time, and if so, in what order do y'all recommend? I've been searching the forums but I don't know if information from the b6 sedan is applicable or not and so on. Some direction would be appreciated. Hope to hear from y'all soon.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Note: the lights for the instrument cluster and dash come on and off on their own. Also, the button on the shifter does not come out at all no matter what gear it's in. It appears to be stuck in. I've tried pulling it out but it goes back in. I'm stumped.