A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Recommendation for a Convertible Top Place

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendation for a Convertible Top Place

Hello All.

It's been a while! I still have my lovingly cared for (though old now!) '03 A4 3.0.
For all those who have had back window glass separating from the top issues, if you are in So CA, I have a great place for getting an after-market top.
Though I was lucky & AoA replaced my top @ n/c back in 07, they could not tell me why this happened (always garaged & hand washed by me) and if I would have this happen again w/ the new top.

Well, it did happen again. Apparently, the glass separating from the top is a very common problem for most high end convertibles. After unsuccessful gluing attempts, I decided I was going to keep the car for a few more yrs so it made sense to get another top. I got an Ultramax German top by GAHH (the parent company of Robbins Bros) put in by Eric at The Prestige Companies Auto Upholstery in Anaheim, CA (close to Disneyland).

I was out the door for under $2K (compared to Audi 5-6K) and have a lifetime warranty against the glass ever falling out & a 5 yr on parts & labor. BETTER than OEM. This new Ultramax has a different way of glass adhesion, so there should never be an issue again w/ this.

If you are at all in So CA, and have a convertible top need, see Eric @ Prestige. He does a lot of Audis and other cars and I think you will be happy as I am.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I traded my 2003 3.0 Cabriolet in for a new 4-door A-4 six years ago, in part because of the problem of the window detaching from the top. I'm glad you kept yours, and I'm really glad you found this solution. Good luck with your car!